RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New RRS - Humming noise when cruising over 50mph
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456

BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

The only issues to report since taking delivery last Oct is the B-post rattle. 43.8 MPG full with Luggage and a Bike rack with 4 mountain bikes when travelling back from Northumberland to Yorkshire yesterday. Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #425516 Wed May 28 2014 9:37pm
Peterlondon

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I got my MY14 HSE Dynamic about 2 months ago, as an ex demo.

I was not massively impressed with ride quality and noise levels so last Thursday I took the 22" style 6 wheels off last week and replaced them with 20" style 12 fitted with Pirelli Scorpion Verdes.

What a transformation.

It now feels like a £75k luxury car rather than a £15k Mini Cooper and you can properly hear the benefit if the upgraded sound system

And it no longer feels like you need to fight the steering when driving on a road with a camber.

My car was an ex demo but If I was buying brand new I would be spending money on almost every other extra on the list before upgrading to 22" and making what is a great car feel like a cheap sports saloon.

I am sure on a track day it would now be a few seconds slower round a circuit and not quite so responsive at the limit but in SE England there aren't many opportunities to drive at the limit so having a quiet and comfortable ride seems a much higher priority ... Or maybe I am just getting old? MY2010 TDV8 purchased Jan 2017
MY14 HSE Dynamic 3.0 SDV6 sold Sept 2015
MY 2010 TDV8 sold April 2014
MY 2007 V6 HSE sold July 2013

Post #430857 Thu Jul 17 2014 11:19pm
Naughty Norton

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Diff faults "the noise"

Quote:
hornbaek wrote:
I have just taken delivery of a RRS Autobiography Supercharged with the 22" wheels and I have the same problem. There is a droning noise when going above 70 mph (it disappear again over 90 mph - on German Autobahns !). It is quite noticeable but I am putting it down to the 22" tyres. I am having some Pirelli Snow/Winter tyres fitted next week for a trip to The Alps so i will report back asap. The noise also changes with the change in road surface - so again everything is pointing to the 22" tires.

Guys and Girls. Fellow Landis's,

Have served my apprentiship with 5 Discos, lmoved to a SWB Def 90, what a fab car, had to sell so back to a Disco the last one was a 3 on a 08 plate and we could not become friends for all sorts of reasons so for the first time l thought treat yourself so l went to what l though might have been a reputable garage and paid top money for a 06 RRS mostly loaded in Buckingham Blue with Cream Leather interior. s
She really does look the part. Pity she did not drive it. From day one there was excessive engine noise, it went back l got a courtesy car and two weeks later and a replacement courtesy car l got her back. The telephone was missing, the video player was missing the drive was still noisey. It went back, this time no replacement car they under some pressure put in a new did and transmission drive. It is better, they have put a Parrot on the dash to make up for the missing telephone ( classy aye) and have told me the screens on the back of the front seats are for plug in games and the video player is an extra ( or in plain English FO) l then went last week to use the tow bar to find the cover plate was stuck on using double sided tape and the electrics pack is missing. Oh l know l need to be careful about what l say but l brought this vehicle from Merv Hannam a place l would never return to.
Save to say l have all but got the girl up to the standard l thought l had brought and she is great still some noise, not tow bar electrics, and no video player but some slimy bum of a salesman made a few extra job on me that day , a lesson learned, yes.

But l still love Land rover

Excuse the note it may help someone else

Post #461037 Sun May 03 2015 6:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456