RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR: "A Two Tonne 5 Star Supercar"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mark_N

United Kingdom 
SVR: "A Two Tonne 5 Star Supercar"

Full test report in this week's Autocar rates the car as the best performance SUV, beating the Macan turbo and Cayenne turbo. Compared to the Macan, it's more "likeable and usable".

They love the things we expected - the performance, handling and (my interpretation) "Range Rover-ness" of the thing. The infotainment system comes in for the usual criticism, they don't like the fifth seat and would like to see a classier SVR badge but that's about it.

What's good is they successfully tune in to the barking mad nature of the SVR in Sport/Dynamic mode as well as the more relaxed "normal" mode, a contrast which for me makes the SVR so special. None of this barely perceptible change from sport and adaptive damping settings in some of my other cars.

Slightly gloomy residuals forecast and easy to see how, in three years time, the world will have moved on and not necessarily for the better. That's why the SVR will be in my garage for a long time; given it trounces the competition in this review at least, it's difficult to see what could better it. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #459230 Wed Apr 15 2015 7:12am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There's an Audi SQ7 heading Land Rover's way this year so I'm sure that Audi has bought an SVR to test against their hot minivan (SQ7 will be a full 7 seater....... and looks like delivery van with all it's privacy glassed windows) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #459234 Wed Apr 15 2015 8:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1