RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > "Quarantined" car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

AK-Hammer

United Kingdom 
"Quarantined" car

Advice needed folks. Our HSE Dynamic, that was delivered mid November, went into the local dealer (in west Herts) to have a couple of niggles looked at. These were:

1. The extra bucket seats in the boot were not raising and lowering properly. Sometimes they would get stuck midway, at other times they would not respond at all.

2. The timed climate had locked out, thus we were unable to change the settings as to when the heating came on or turned off. This had been a brilliant feature ensuring the car was toasty in the mornings but if I wanted to make it come earlier or later it was not responding.

3. The sat-nav sometimes would not "initialise". This was intermittent but annoying nonetheless, and seemed to work once the car had been driven for a while.

4. The bluetooth connection would not always work with our iPhones.

So, once it went in we thought probably a day's work, maybe two at most as it appeared that items 2-4 were software related and item 1 may have been a wiring fault.

Unfortunately, the car is still with the dealer, two weeks on, and no sign of its return.

I have been told by the dealer that they were informed by Land Rover to "quarantine" the car as there is a fault that needs rectifying. Repeated attempts to find out what this fault actually is is met with the "we don't know ourselves either, awaiting instructions from LR" response. Talk about a fob off.

Eventually, I sent a PM to Pete@Landrover asking for help in this matter. In reality, I just want to know what is going on and why the car has been off the road for over two weeks. While he has been courteous and apologetic, he has also been unable to tell me what is wrong. He is trying to find out from the dealer what the situation is. So I have a dear saying LR needs to tell them what the deal is, and LR saying they need to find out what the dealer is saying. Marvellous.

In the meantime, we have been given a Discovery to drive because they cannot give us a 7-seat RRS as a loan car. While the Disco is lovely, it is not an RRS that I paid for and look forward to driving. So not only do I not have my car, I am being short changed with its temporary replacement.

It's not been a great ownership experience so far - my first time as a Land Rover owner. Yes, the forums are full of these stories, and I should have known better, but I thought I might get a good one!

Anyway, thought I'd share this story and see if anyone has had a similar experience. What could be keeping the car in the garage for 3 weeks and counting? Is there something major at fault? Can I accept it when it comes back, especially as I don't know what is wrong, so can't verify if it has been fixed properly? Is this typical LR response, total silence or just polite fob offs?

I welcome your thoughts on this.

Cheers,

AK

Post #453199 Fri Feb 20 2015 10:25pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

The reason for quarantine is probably that: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post451874.html#451874 Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #453202 Fri Feb 20 2015 10:33pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Jeez that is absolutely shocking! It's like taking your kids to a Dr and the Dr then says sorry your child has been quarantined and you can't have him/her back WTF!?

I would be getting the dealer principals email address and sending him an email and also address it to the CEO of JLR to find out how they can quarantine something that does not belong to them Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post #453204 Fri Feb 20 2015 10:37pm
AK-Hammer

United Kingdom 

Thanks fkarim. I had not read through all the threads, so it seems to me that might be it. And yeah the treatment is shoddy. Only interested in the sale I think!

Post #453207 Fri Feb 20 2015 10:41pm
AK-Hammer

United Kingdom 

DRDILL wrote:
Wheel nuts!

Wheels may therefore detach, leading to loss of vehicle control which increases the risk of a vehicle crash.

Oh my word...and to think I had the car in Dynamic mode all the time hustling it down the lanes....

Last edited by AK-Hammer on Fri Feb 20 2015 10:45pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #453211 Fri Feb 20 2015 10:44pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Fair enough OK it's the nutts - but how can someone quarantine something that does not belong to them!

If there is an issue they need to say what it is! Who's to say the service manager has not leant the car to his mate for the weekend Exclamation Question just an argument but guess you all know where I am coming from...

Post #453212 Fri Feb 20 2015 10:44pm
AK-Hammer

United Kingdom 

Guess you have a point RRSman, but I think I'd rather have a car that works and is safe! What has been really annoying though is how long it has taken to fix and not having a like-for-like replacement in the loan car....

Post #453219 Fri Feb 20 2015 10:58pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Think of it as a Safety Recall Thumbs Up

How much Censored would LR/Dealer be in, if they let you drive away in the car, with a known safety issue, and something happened which caused an accident

Thumbs Up

Post #453238 Sat Feb 21 2015 7:53am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

have a look.... nuts and wiring

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-...rts-2.html 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #453240 Sat Feb 21 2015 7:57am
AK-Hammer

United Kingdom 

Thanks andman....makes despressing reading...

Post #453458 Sun Feb 22 2015 11:59pm
AK-Hammer

United Kingdom 

Had it confirmed today that it isa wiring issue....still no word as to when it actually be repaired and returned to me.

In the meantime, the fuel gauge in the Discovery loan car has stopped working....oh joy...

Post #453544 Mon Feb 23 2015 4:28pm
andman

Hope you get a swift resolution now.....and put some fuel in that Discovery ... Laughing

Keep us updated.... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #453557 Mon Feb 23 2015 4:57pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Quote:
In the meantime, the fuel gauge in the Discovery loan car has stopped working....oh joy...

Take it back and say you want another one. Maybe you might get one with more fuel in the tank! Very Happy

Post #453588 Mon Feb 23 2015 7:25pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

This begs a question. If my RRS, also delivered in November, is about to catch fire due to a defective wiring loom and/or the wheels fall off due to defective wheel nuts, why havn't my car and all the other affected cars been subject to an immediate safety recall?

Post #453614 Mon Feb 23 2015 10:16pm
andman

Mine delivered in October... it is a little concerning.... best is to contact your dealer service centre and get clarification...

and peace of mind.

Why leave anything to chance Shocked 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #453625 Mon Feb 23 2015 11:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1