RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Land Rover Experience - Eastnor Castle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fkarim

United Kingdom 
Land Rover Experience - Eastnor Castle

Got a half day LRE voucher for Eastnor as a gift. I have been to the Luton and East of England LRE centres in the past but have to say Eastnor was well worth the 6 hour round trip Bow down Booking in winter, I was hoping for some snow or at least icy tracks but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Still a great day out. Very friendly staff, especially the instructor who was very complimentary of my "control, awareness of car's/wheels' position at all times and sympathy for the car and passengers' comfort" throughout the course and even afterwards Cool Apparently the fact that my 4 year old daughter went to sleep early on and didn't wake up until we were back at the centre was a testament to my "skill" and he found it hard to believe I wasn't experienced and didn't go offroad regularly. I must be a natural then Very Happy

Anyway enough of self-admiration ... some pictures:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And finally the LRE car we did it in (and my grey Sport in the background):

Click image to enlarge
 Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #453077 Thu Feb 19 2015 10:15pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Eastnor is a great place - did a couple of their self-drive days back when they still did them. Those wading trenches look very deep when its your own vehicle! Rolling with laughter

Tempted by the new RRS after you trip? Whistle 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #453085 Thu Feb 19 2015 11:22pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Tempted by the new RRS after you trip? Whistle

It's a conspiracy Big Cry Went to LRE on Wednesday and upon my return I had an email waiting for me from a local main dealer. They are short of used vehicle stock and apparently they have a buyer for whom my car fits the bill, according to their records. They reckon they might be able to pay me above market for my car, subject to condition (it's in excellent condition and they know that). They also claim they have "great deals" available, should I decide to buy another car from them and not just sell mine. The LRE voucher was a bought gift and the dealer had nothing to do with it so obviously a coincidence.

Changing the car is no where in the plans as I am super happy with mine at the moment. Yet I have booked a valuation appointment for tomorrow as "it couldn't hurt" Banging Head I don't even know what I would replace it with: Disco 4? RRS2? Q7? ML? X5? I don't take it offroad so anything that has a decent amount of boot space, good driving position, is comfortable, has similar toys as my RRS and works in snow (with winter tyres) will do.

Anyway I am hoping that email was just a marketing thing, I get a bad valuation, don't find their deals attractive or can simply stay strong tomorrow. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #453110 Fri Feb 20 2015 9:38am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
don't take it offroad so anything that has a decent amount of boot space, good driving position, is comfortable, has similar toys as my RRS and works in snow (with winter tyres) will do.

Just about any decent car will meet those requirements! The Skoda Superb estate is huge, comfortable, well equipped and available with 4x4 if you wish. Those for whom badge is important, Audi sell the same thing but charge several grand more! Rolling with laughter

From your list, I'd say the D4 would be good. It's the same as your RRS but with more space. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #453138 Fri Feb 20 2015 2:34pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Must admit never considered Skoda - may be I should. But does it have air suspension too? If not, it can't be as comfortable as FFRR (not in my list mainly due to price), RRS, D4 and Q7 IMHO. We like long driving holidays. During the last trip I covered 1000+ km in a single day in my RRS and didn't get tired at all (honestly!). So comfort is paramount.

I had a D4 as a loan car for nearly 10 days and really liked it (but was very happy to get back in my RRS I should add). Two extra "proper" seats, while not a requirement, would be very welcome too. The acceleration (despite the same engine) and handling weren't comparable to my RRS due to the extra weight (and height?) but then mostly I don't drive like a lunatic.

I think right now the best option for me is to stick to my RRS ... unless the dealer makes an offer I can't refuse (unlikely).

Just realised all this content is better suited to a separate thread. Back to the topic - Eastnor was great and highly recommended Bow down Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #453142 Fri Feb 20 2015 3:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1