RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Timed climate not available.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Ovey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Timed climate not available.....

Hi all, I have a '59 plate MY10 RRS and every time I start it up (below +5 deg) I get a warning on the centre touchscreen telling me "Timed climate unavailable check fuel and battery level" (or similar). However......

I know that my car doesn't have the timed climate activated, as there is no button on the touchscreen for it, let alone a greyed out button. So does this alert tell me that TC isn't available because it's not activated, and appears on every car without TC, or is there something else going on?

Thanks. Current: Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey
Previous: Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Zambezi Silver

Post #450069 Wed Jan 28 2015 1:34pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

They can generate spurious messages sometimes. Its because the voltage is lower than it should be and is probably going through some checks outside of the normal order due to the voltage level.

I can enable it for you so you can have it working if you wanted. With or without the remote control module. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #450070 Wed Jan 28 2015 1:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
itsmeagain

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

What does the timed climate and remote heater actually do. Current 2010 Range Rover Sport HSE with the usual toys: timed climate, Rosen headrest screens, tow bar with twin electrics, Blackvue HD cam
2008 Seat Leon K1
2012 Audi A1 2.0litre Black Edition TDI
2004 Audi A4 convertible
2004 Audi A2 TDI

Post #450071 Wed Jan 28 2015 1:57pm
Russben

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Timed climate allows you to set the time you want the diesel fuel heater to switch on and warm the car up for you, if the outside temperature is below around 4 degrees.
Remote park is a remote control fob that starts the fuel burning heater when you press the remote button, again if the outside temperature is below 4C.

Both will run for about 30 minutes before switching themselves off.

It's great on frosty mornings as you can set it the night before (or instantly with the park remote) to warm your car up ready for you.
It reduces the risk of scrotes nicking your car off the driveway if you left the engine running to defrost everything. I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #450077 Wed Jan 28 2015 3:11pm
Ovey

Bodsy wrote:
They can generate spurious messages sometimes. Its because the voltage is lower than it should be and is probably going through some checks outside of the normal order due to the voltage level.

I can enable it for you so you can have it working if you wanted. With or without the remote control module. Thumbs Up

Thanks for the reply. The car had a low battery when I bought it (from standing at the dealers) but it charged up fine on the run home and I've had no problems since. But I'll check the battery over the weekend to make sure all's well.

As for enabling the TC, I might take you up on that but possibly in a couple of months time when I can get chance to get up your way (and build the post Christmas/new car funds again). Thumbs Up Current: Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey

Post #450078 Wed Jan 28 2015 3:18pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

no problem Ovey Thumbs Up

Russben, almost right Thumbs Up

Timed climate allows you to set the time you want the diesel fuel heater to switch on and warm the car up for you, if the outside temperature is below 15 degrees .
Remote park is a remote control fob that starts the fuel burning heater when you press the remote button, again if the outside temperature is below 15 degrees

When the temperature is ABOVE 15 degrees, then the internal fans will blow, to help the car cool down before you get to it. Makes a big difference if you start it across a car park when its been sitting in the sun, you get less of the heat blast when you open the door. This is the same for timed and remote. Thumbs Up

as Russben says though, its great for defrosting the car before you get in in the morning as well as helping to heat the engine and protecting it in the cold weather. Bodsys Brake Bible
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #450086 Wed Jan 28 2015 4:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Somerset Bumpkin

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

I have a 59 plate MY10 and mine has always done this, both before and after I enabled the park heating feature. Ive had the car for 2 years and it's never let me down or struggled to start so I've just put it down to a software glitchand not the battery as the remote park Heat works a treat.

Post #450094 Wed Jan 28 2015 5:46pm
ACE 219

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Can you enable a timer or remote for a 2007 RRS?

Post #450101 Wed Jan 28 2015 6:24pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

No ace, you need either a webasto 1533 timer or the remote kit from bell auto services. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #450102 Wed Jan 28 2015 6:29pm
ACE 219

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thanks for the info Bodsy .

Post #450107 Wed Jan 28 2015 7:04pm
Ovey

For info I used the hack to get into the diagnostics on the touchscreen. With only the ignition (and rear reading lights, grrr) on the diagnostics showed the battery as 11.8V so I'm happy it's not a low battery. I think it might just be a glitch.

Out of interest Bodsy, would you be able to activate the towing function as well as the TC? I'm looking to fit towing electrics for my boat. Current: Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey

Post #450133 Wed Jan 28 2015 9:26pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Yes I can enable towing electrics. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #450153 Wed Jan 28 2015 11:58pm
gwak2002

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hi - just bought a 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic and wondered whether the timed climate can be made available - happy to buy a remote but does it need anything on the hardware side?

Post #541070 Thu Nov 16 2017 6:28pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Yes, needs enabling on the car for timed climate, the remote needs a receiver aerial and plipper (I have them for a great price btw.... Wink ) Bodsys Brake Bible
See it HERE

Post #541077 Thu Nov 16 2017 6:59pm
gwak2002

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thanks Bodsy - can you PM me costs - but i see you're in shropshire - you ever get down north london?

Post #541122 Fri Nov 17 2017 10:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>