RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > The premium for an SVR....?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Dickie

United Kingdom 
The premium for an SVR....?

I was killing some time earlier today impatiently counting down the days until my SVR is delivered and I popped on autotrader. There's a couple of independent dealers on there advertising SVRs for sale at £15-20k over list!

Do those dealers really think that people will want to pay that much over the odds just to be one of the first?! I mean, it's a special car but it's not exactly in the same exclusivity league as some proper exotica is it? I don't even think LR are going to limit production numbers are they?

Don't get me wrong, I'm hugely glad I put my deposit down on the original announcement day but what kind of lead time are we talking if you walked into a dealer tomorrow with a deposit? A 6-9 month wait can't be worth paying an extra 10-15% can it?! Madness. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #449765 Sun Jan 25 2015 7:30pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Some people seem to have more money than sense I'm going into dealers next month to see about next order SVR is one I am definitely edging towards at the moment Dickie so I will find out what the lead time is then .
I'm placing order for September 1st delivery so will find out if that's possible Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #449772 Sun Jan 25 2015 7:41pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

You guys are talking about someone I know very, very well. 

Post #449774 Sun Jan 25 2015 7:55pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Thanks Viper, I'm curious to know what the level of "more money than sense" is - just so that I can recognise it when I'm (hopefully!) at that level one day!!!! I mean, £20k just to not wait 6 months?!!? SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

Post #449792 Mon Jan 26 2015 8:01am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I'm interested that some here appear to change their cars so often. I tend to hang on to mine so that of my 5 current, they are 19, 12, 10, 5, 1 year(s) old.

As for paying a premium, I did, about 10% for a car which was in very limited production and by the time I decided I wanted one, I'd left it too late and bought a low mileage (700) secondhand one instead. Don't regret spending the extra for one minute.

For the SVR, there will be some who exploit other's willingness to pay to jump the queue. £20k does sound a lot though.

Factory visit confirmed for tomorrow... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #449809 Mon Jan 26 2015 10:31am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Excellent - is your car on the line?

Would I have paid £115 for a base SVR? Yes. I placed my deposit 8 months or so before the car was announced, let alone knowing how much it would cost.

Would I pay a premium of 20% for one? Yes, if I hadn't already ordered one and only just seen the car. A 20% premium is not much when you consider they are only after one customer and for such a fantastic car.

More money than sense? Yes. I have little sense so that's easy.

What Censored me off is that there are these builds for sale (if they are real). 

Post #449811 Mon Jan 26 2015 10:46am
viper

Well I always think if you can afford it you must have worked hard for it so why not but I still wouldn't pay 20k extra just to jump queue but my wife always says I'm a tight arse until it's new handbag time then I'm wonderful husband Banging Head 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #449834 Mon Jan 26 2015 3:17pm
viper

Dickie just wondered how the supercharged feels pulling away is there any of the hesitation there seems to be on the SDV6 or is it immediate I still haven't decided what to order next so just wanted your opinion of the supercharged many thanks. 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey

Post #449837 Mon Jan 26 2015 3:31pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Viper, I think I mentioned this on another post a few days ago so sorry for those re-reading. In short, there really is zero noticeable lag in the Supercharged. I originally didn't think it'd be quite as noticeable as, like others, had put it down to the gearbox brain taking a few moments to determine the kind of pull away required.

There is simply no lag with the petrol. It got to the point with the new car where my wife was complaining initially as at every junction I'd pull out of I'd induce mild whiplash - not because I was racing for a gap but because I had got used to having to heavily depress the accelerator in order to get any response.

I got very used to my SDV6 and so was used to spotting a gap, flicking the paddle into first, and then effectively pre-accelerating to ensure I had minimal lag. Try that technique in the Supercharged and you'd be T-boning everything!

Sorry to make the decision even harder (or expensive!) but I definitely recommend test driving a SDV6 and Supercharged back to back, if only for 10 mins each and just doing stop/starts - big difference. Once you've got the wheels rolling the difference in actual acceleration is well known.

Let me know if you're around Andover area as welcome to come and see what I mean. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

Post #449881 Mon Jan 26 2015 7:53pm
viper

Dickie many thanks for that kind offer if im ever there i will drop you a line and thanks for the information i will have to go and try the supercharged thats if i can get dealer to give me one for a couple of hours. 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey

Post #449934 Tue Jan 27 2015 10:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1