RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > A Warning to BC and the like.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Bodsy wrote:
They are undisputedly siblings through and through though. The D3 being the big brother of course Whistle Wink

Bodsy more the ugly sister that has more than its fair share of the ugly stick treatment Laughing Whistle

Must admit the poster on the D3 site seems to have agitated more than my fellow ex pat BK has managed on here Bow down Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #445700 Thu Dec 18 2014 9:14am
SRE

Spain 

It's a pity, there is nothing better than a little banter, and disagreement amongst the Forum members, the main thing however, it must be tongue in cheek.
Why some people have to be NASTY as well is way beyond me. Yes I have read DS threads on the Disco Forum and sorry, but he can go way off line.

Now rumour has it, ADY was going to Ban BC, but looks like he was one jump ahead of the posse, jumped ship to join his Pikey mates Rolling with laughter In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #445704 Thu Dec 18 2014 10:11am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I would never ban Bc, Shocked He does so much charity work for me behind the scenes, you would not believe. Bow down
One the other hand SRE, you are sailing very close to the wind....... Mr. Green Laughing Wink I'm watching YOU!!

Post #445708 Thu Dec 18 2014 10:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SRE

Spain 

As I was saying ADY is one of the best moderators I have ever come across Bow down Bow down Bow down In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #445710 Thu Dec 18 2014 10:39am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Zilch wrote:
Bodsy wrote:
They are undisputedly siblings through and through though. The D3 being the big brother of course Whistle Wink

Bodsy more the ugly sister that has more than its fair share of the ugly stick treatment Laughing Whistle

Must admit the poster on the D3 site seems to have agitated more than my fellow ex pat BK has managed on here Bow down

I'm surprised it took that long for the responses to come, Wink Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #445712 Thu Dec 18 2014 10:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

SRE wrote:
As I was saying ADY is one of the best moderators I have ever come across Bow down Bow down Bow down

Oh Thanks, but im not as good as VA and Nick, Martins been my mentor and i look up to him as a virtual Hero Shocked Thumbs Up

Post #445715 Thu Dec 18 2014 11:39am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Shocked errm thanks Embarassed

Post #445720 Thu Dec 18 2014 1:28pm
SRE

Spain 

npinks

It's not favouritism, it's just down to fear of eviction, Big Cry plus I don't want to have to Join BC and Tarmac laying mates. Embarassed In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #445724 Thu Dec 18 2014 1:53pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Tut tut Nick.... Laughing

Post #445725 Thu Dec 18 2014 1:55pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Bodsy wrote:
I'm surprised it took that long for the responses to come, Wink Thumbs Up

Timezone and space continuum difference bodsy Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #445807 Fri Dec 19 2014 11:34am
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I read Martins post there:

Quote:
Can I just clearly state for the record that Discotres has decided to leave because feels he should not comply with the requests I have made to find an equilibrium level for his deals/off topic posts on the forum.

There are many who like these, and many who don't. I have therefore been stuck in the middle, as usual, trying to find a compromise to keep as many happy as possible.

In this case, Discotres has totally refused to work with me, he has insisted time and time again that he knows best for the forum and that he is totally free to post whatever he wants.

At no point have I said that the posting is to stop or that he is to be stopped from posting anything. I have tried to be reasonable and provide a solution but been ignored at every request.

I feel this grand expression of his leaving is designed to turn forum membership (in particular, those who support him) against me. What I have tried to do is negotiate a balance and keep as many forum members as happy as possible. I want everyone to know that I have been rebuffed every time when trying to do this.

There does come a point where I have to think that this is being done on purpose.

Any questions about this I am more than happy to answer.

I have some experience of forum management and Martin is right. Occasionally you can get a high post poster who wants to tell you how it should be done, even though it isn't his beans that pays the hosting each month.

Also, whats with the big swan song? If you are narked off, just go. Sign out and don't come back. Why make it an event? That is simply attention seeking.

And I'll tell you why such people attention seek: Hoping people will beg them to stay and then turn against the admin so they get their way. Never works. People just snigger and tell them to clear off, as Bodsy did.

Is moderation perfect? Probably not. It never is. It seems mostly alright here, I doubt it differs much there. That we are all here suggests nothing too serious is going on.

Martin doesn't really need to explain himself. He makes the rules he thinks best for the site. If you dislike them so much then go start your own site. Simples.

I'll put a fiver that the guy will be back in a month. They always are.

Post #445884 Sat Dec 20 2014 2:45am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I think the sign of good moderation on a forum is that you don't notice it happening. Most of the time I forget that this site even has moderators - "well done" and "thanks" to Martin and the team for doing it.

They're helped by us all being such fine fellows of course! Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #445982 Sun Dec 21 2014 12:30pm
SRE

Spain 

I have heard from a reliable source (thanks BC) that some of the mods are not only open to bribery but encourage it Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #445990 Sun Dec 21 2014 1:46pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Shocked
Its surprising what Npinks will do when bribery is involved.......... Embarassed

Thanks RRSTDV8 Thumbs Up

Post #446005 Sun Dec 21 2014 3:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12