RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > suspension height
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PAS

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
suspension height

help please.car is back at main dealer because of the difference in height from driver &passenger side both front & back.they've had it 2 days & still can't get it to re-calibrate.I have mentioned before that it had 2 sensors on the front (fault code).any ideas.thanks .p

Post #443075 Wed Nov 19 2014 7:49pm
Carlos3

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Hmm there are many problems this could be through experience of my own . Firstly i had my wheels refurbished last year and for this i put the car on axle stands and removed all the wheels. I noticed that one side the rear right suspension dropped lower than the rest but under investigation worn suspension bushes were to blame . After replacing the bushes and the wheels going back on . I had the rear right suspension hight much higher than the rest of the car . After more investigation i found the level sensor had been moved when the suspension dropped to low when removing the wheel. this had to be moved back before the suspension would calibrate as it was out of spec so i was told all good now .

1. Were the new suspension level sensors fitted poorly.

I also had another issue with level sensors . the car suddenly said suspension fault and to reduce speed then the car lost all the air and went very bouncy on the road. this happened 10 mins after coming out of a car wash !!!!!.
I plugged in the lynx diagnostic tool and found 1 level sensor out of spec fault code. £££££££ sprung to mind.
Not so after a bit of investigation it was found some moisture had gotten into the level sensor socket causing corrosion and a poor contact . I think the power wash at the car wash was aimed straight at the sensor plug and the water ingress amplified the issue . After checking all the plugs i found corrosion on all . Cleaned them all up . All error codes gone cost 1 hour of my own time .

2 . check the level sensor sockets for corrosion and poor contacts.

Hope this can help . it worked for me .

Carl.

Post #443137 Thu Nov 20 2014 1:36pm
PAS

thanks carl .rang dealers & they think it could be a yaw-rate sensor.so that is now ordered & hopefully fitted tomorrow,then see what happens from there.thankyou for your reply.it is causing them a fair bit of hassle.once I get this sorted I think I'll be looking for some standard size wheels.these cars seem quite bad for electrical corrosion,my rear heated window doesn't work andI've read on here about the connection under the spoiler so I'll be having a go at that soon thanks again,paul

Post #443151 Thu Nov 20 2014 5:22pm
Carlos3

No problem hope you get it sorted . I no what you mean about the wheels i am running on 22's they look the nuts but you feel every bump in the road. I have found multiple dry and corroded connectors on my RRS but it still makes me smile when i walk up to it such a nice looking car.

Carl.

Post #443617 Tue Nov 25 2014 5:16pm
PAS

hi carl,update on car ,still the same,although slightly worse on the front now.they drained all the air out of the system so it went down to it's bump stops & still didn't sit right.there no evidence of it being in an accident anywhere,which they did look for,I A.A. checked it before i got it,there wasn't any history .so back to square one.I picked up some wheels at the weekend but I need to refurb them first.paul

Post #443732 Wed Nov 26 2014 5:07pm
Carlos3

Hmmmm sounds weird i have a few friends that i can ask see if they have any ideas will get back to you .
What year is the RRS is it 2.7 or 3.6

Post #443734 Wed Nov 26 2014 5:11pm
PAS

It's a 58.3.6will try the connections at the weekend but dealer would check that ,wouldn't they?thankyou,

Post #443735 Wed Nov 26 2014 5:15pm
Carlos3

I would hope so as the dealer i spoke to said they have replaced over 30 corroded connector blocks and 1 sensor in the last few years . I am a bit puzzled as to why, when the suspension air bags are fully deflated the car sits with the problem side higher than the rest . That would point to a mechanical problem not an electrical one. You have the same model and year as me so i will take a look later and see what could cause this problem .Lets try and get it sorted soon as they are fantastic cars when working right.

Post #443737 Wed Nov 26 2014 5:22pm
PAS

yes they are.I'll just have to live with it for the time being,I only have a set budget spare per month to sort things out so i probably won't take it back till the new year.certainly eating money,but new that was a possibility when buying one of these cars.

Post #443739 Wed Nov 26 2014 5:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1