Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS HSE Dynamic Hybrid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Renaco

Germany 
RRS HSE Dynamic Hybrid

Hi,

Are there any RRS Hybrid orders delivered already?
I have odered one of the first, 11 month ago. Finally I got 3 weeks the delivery confirmed: December 15th.

Still I am very hot to get it, but it will be the longest wait for a car in my lifetime...

Best,
René

Post #438130 Mon Sep 29 2014 3:34pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Congratulations. I think deliveries start with the MY15 cars, which is from the middle of October, at least. 

Post #438133 Mon Sep 29 2014 3:52pm
Salmon&permit

England 

I have one on order too, expect to receive mid November. Getting excited! Am currently travelling around in a V8, so am hoping the diesel hybrid won't disappoint.

Post #438668 Mon Oct 06 2014 7:44pm
Salmon&permit

England 

Mine is scheduled to arrive later this week - here's hoping it matches expectations. And that is doesn't get knicked!

Post #440679 Mon Oct 27 2014 8:37pm
Renaco

Germany 

Sounds good.
Hot to see your Car and please let us know your impressions direct after your first ride...

Mine is still planned to arrive Dec. 15th...

Post #441072 Fri Oct 31 2014 9:02pm
Salmon&permit

England 

My car has now been held at the factory by JLR for a fortnight now. No reason given, but I hope/suspect/wonder if this might have something to do with the (lack of) security issue.......possibly they are retro fitting a Thatcham Cat 5 immobiliser system? I for one have said I will not pick up my new car unless I receive it in an insurable state in the town I am buying the car in, and intend to live. Seems reasonable.

Post #442036 Sun Nov 09 2014 6:28pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Very reasonable Thumbs Up

Post #442049 Sun Nov 09 2014 7:54pm
philmw

Salmon&permit wrote:
My car has now been held at the factory by JLR for a fortnight now. No reason given, but I hope/suspect/wonder if this might have something to do with the (lack of) security issue.......possibly they are retro fitting a Thatcham Cat 5 immobiliser system? I for one have said I will not pick up my new car unless I receive it in an insurable state in the town I am buying the car in, and intend to live. Seems reasonable.

But, being Devil's advocate and all that, why is it JLR's problem and not the insurers? 

Post #442060 Sun Nov 09 2014 9:07pm
Salmon&permit

England 

It is actually our problem: JLR can sell what they choose to sell and insurers are not legally obliged to insure anything.

However, I would suggest we owners make it JLR's problem. While all cars get stolen from time to time, the proportion of JLR's product that is getting stolen is completely outrageous. I think I read that just under 300 Range Rovers and BMW X5's were stolen from London in the first six months of 2014. This is potentially a very high percentage of the RRS's sold in London.....possibly as high as 1 in 5 or 6? If I were an insurer, those are such lousy odds, I would either refuse to insure such a poorly protected vehicle, or given their value, charge a premium of at least £15k per annum, quite possibly more. Few owners would pay such a premium and as such, RRS's become uninsurable and un sellable. Given the proportion of RRS's that are sold in London and the South East, RRS's begin to become an unviable product in their home market.

So......in order of whose problem it is, it is the owners, then JLRs and only lastly the insurer. However, if the insurers refuse to insure (or raise premiums to silly levels) and the owners consequently refuse to buy.......then ultimately it is JLRs problem and they need to do something about it. If they don't, then we will all go and buy other cars.....I love my RRS, but it is not so much better than the alternatives that if they don't make their cars less easy for crooks to drive off without the keys, then I for one will vote with my feet and buy another product. If lots of us do that, then JLRs profits and reputation will take a hammering.

So......the last person who has a problem is the insurer and if you think about the bigger picture then JLR have a potentially massive problem. FYI, none of us are asking for a car that is completely un-steelable, but one that gives the crooks a slightly tougher project! This generation of keyless entry systems and easily reprogram able fobs really is pretty pathetic and a major backwards step.

Post #442064 Sun Nov 09 2014 10:07pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

JLR are too busy congratulating themselves to care. The UK market is only a small minority of sales but I do agree that a collapse in the domestic market because the product is uninsurable might, eventually, have some effect.

It's certain the car needs a Cat 5 tracker and immobiliser. It's certain too that the software in the car needs to be changed to prevent key programming without the consent of the user.

Porsche got it right, years ago. The Porsche VTS (Vehicle Tracking System) has been a mandatory option for at least the last 6 years. It's a Cat 5 tracking system and while Porsches are not immune from being stolen, they are not mentioned in the same breath as LR and BMW products. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #442069 Sun Nov 09 2014 11:25pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Meant to be picking up my second RRS on Friday - fortunately sold the first rather than the horrific stories I've read on hear about them being stolen.

Just wondering how people are getting on with refusing to buy unless security issue sorted? Do we believe that will actually result in anything other than just delaying my delivery? Happy to play hard-ball but only if it'll make a difference.

I don't live in London (although do work there) and getting insurance hasn't been an issue for me to date. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #442079 Mon Nov 10 2014 8:21am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I think we can be certain that any software changes will be provided free of charge but if, for example, they change from a Cat 6 to Cat 5 tracker, there's a hardware cost associated with that.

I would claim that the existing security is not fit for purpose and any such change should be free of charge, but "Land Rover Maths" - which is even more unfathomable than "Man Maths" - might see the world differently.

What's the deal with your new car? Is it coming with what used to be called InControl Secure and are you paying an annual subscription fee to someone?

Important to keep the heat up on LR in case they think the fuss is over and don't need to worry any more, if they ever did... Mark

Post #442082 Mon Nov 10 2014 8:50am
rigiver

Scotland 

I pick up my new RRS HSE in just over a week and have just been speaking with my dealer and he tells me, as per the latest brochure that In Control Secure is free for the warranty period.

Post #442088 Mon Nov 10 2014 11:08am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Salmon&permit wrote:
I have one on order too, expect to receive mid November. Getting excited! Am currently travelling around in a V8, so am hoping the diesel hybrid won't disappoint.

It will be interesting to hear how you find it. Cars like the diesel hybrid are the future and the V8 is a last hurrah for the old world which I expect will come to an end come 2020. Will LR still be selling the hugely thirsty (and entertaining) SC or will it be consigned to history?

The main entertainment I expect the hybrid will provide is eeking out the best economy you can while celebrating the reduced pump spend with a holiday in the Maldives. As a driving experience, less to shout about I expect. What's the VED for the hybrid? Is it still £500 like the V8 SC? Mark

Post #442165 Tue Nov 11 2014 6:25am
philmw

VED band H I believe - £280 for first year then £195 p.a. as opposed to £1090/£500. 

Post #442168 Tue Nov 11 2014 7:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1