RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > winter is here, drl's to be installed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>

designboy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey

Agh, this is top shelf (again) I read you were doing these DRL's but I also thought you were doing the ring lights too - hence me asking for the link twice Wink I love these, but I'd need to get that bumper first. Was it okay to fit or was there sensor, water pipe work etc to be done... 

Post #440018 Mon Oct 20 2014 3:50pm
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

the Meduza bumper is quite a task to fit in fact. The fog lights are a pain to fit. so are the sensors. and the bumper is a pain in the rear end to mount into place as all the holes have to be drilled and i ended up scratching both front wings. because it's made from fibre glass it's incredibly stiff and doesn't fit into place without a big struggle.

If you do buy one, ask them to pre-drill all the screw holes, plus cut out the slots for the parking sensors. and give you a quote for painting it. and glue the air vent mesh into place.

i got mine with zero instructions. wasn't funny. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #440019 Mon Oct 20 2014 3:56pm
tanloverluke

designboy wrote:
but I also thought you were doing the ring lights too - hence me asking for the link twice Wink .

i am looking for the angel eyes (aka ring lights) and I know Sparky is close to getting them. In the mean time I'm making my own just to see how easy it is. Hopefully done by the weekend! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.

Post #440020 Mon Oct 20 2014 3:58pm
designboy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey

Instantly put off, it looks class, very class in fact, but I keep running into trouble when I start stuff like this. Think the rear lights and front LED will be the most I'll add on top of the small vents and dark roof wrap. I'm looking again at wheels Wink

Hurry and finish your work and show me them running! 

Post #440021 Mon Oct 20 2014 4:02pm
tanloverluke

i did it in the end but it was a pain in the rear end. if i was faced with the option in the future, i would buy the front wings and AB bumper from china (MY10+) and the original LED headlights, but then youre talking about a grand more. tough call.

oh yes, another pain with the Meduza is changing the front fog bulbs. it's a bumper off job! #horrible!!! so for anyone wanting the Meduza, make sure you have fresh front fog bulbs. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #440022 Mon Oct 20 2014 4:22pm
tanloverluke

you guys and girls are gonna love these drl's! been playing with some filler today and been sanding away. won't take piccies now because of all the dust but after a paint and polish you'll be impressed. should be done by weekend Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #440106 Tue Oct 21 2014 2:41pm
d-a-n

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Here is my DRL install.

Click image to enlarge

Post #440204 Wed Oct 22 2014 5:46pm
tanloverluke

Slightly annoying update. The hard as nails glue was Censored -as-hell. Broke under the pressure of being touched. Apparently fibre glass is awful to stick to, builders merchants tomorrow for solutions. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #440221 Wed Oct 22 2014 9:13pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Tiger Seal

The rear spoiler on my VX220 was bonded on with this over 10 years ago & its still there, does take time to cure though
Alternatively you could use the bonding agents that Lotus use for the body to chassis parts buts that's mega expensive

Post #440224 Wed Oct 22 2014 9:51pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Use fibreglass hardener and paste as this can be used as a glue also and will definitely bond to the existing fibreglass.

Only concern is that the bonding may damage the existing fibreglass.

Cheers

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #440233 Thu Oct 23 2014 6:13am
CRACKA

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Just came across this thread way down here in Aust.
I have recently fitted DRL's to My 2006 Sport.
I brought the same kit I used on my Terbo Territory. Its an Aerpro DTRL600. They are straight and have 6 Leds each.
They come with the brackets and own relay, fuse and wiring + instuctions.
Down under you are not allowed to have your DRL,s on with your headlights so most instructions tell you to wire them up to the parkers/tail lights (so they turn off when you turn the parkers on.)
The installation in the RRS proved to be a little difficult finding the right power souce from the ignition.
As has been posted the only reasonable one that was constant I could find was the fuel pump fuse, which I then used.
I have taken a slightly different approach with the connection of the 'off' switch in that I have connected it to the main headlight wiring at the connector near/behind the Lhs headlight .
The reason for this is in Melbourne we have a lot of 'dreary drizzle grey sky' weather in winter plus long dusks in summer.
So in these conditions I use the Drl,s and the parkers, which gives the traffic behind the tail lights as well.
I have installed the lights just below the 'Vents' with the wires coming thru the vents as the regs.here say they can't be too close or high.
Hope this helps.

Post #440234 Thu Oct 23 2014 6:41am
tanloverluke

Thanks for the tips guys! I was at Bradfords this morning, unfortunately no Tiger Seal but they did have a fiberglass repair kit, "FASTGLAS", and it's worked a treat. Hardens within 20 minutes and is rock solid. I'll post some pics when the job is done! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #440314 Thu Oct 23 2014 9:52pm
tanloverluke

Well the project has been completed but it's very tough to get a good piccie of them in place, to do them justification.

Here is one anyway of the drl in the bumper.

Click image to enlarge

I finished with a black, flexible, silicone sealant around the light. I am very very happy with the results. I'm gonna get the other side done, put the reg plate back on, and hopefully get some night/day shots with the drl's on. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #440624 Mon Oct 27 2014 5:22pm
tanloverluke

ok all so quick update re: the drl's. I did have starting issues related to the low pressure fuel pump, which was being caused by the piggy back fuse connection to the drl's. The garage said that I had lots of air in my fuel lines. When they removed the air and took off the drl connection the fuel pump worked fine, but as soon as they re-connected the drl's the pump stopped working again.

I am now in another quest to find another ignition live feed. Any suggestions? Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #441544 Wed Nov 05 2014 10:26am
tanloverluke

sparky8181 wrote:
This is what I used Luke, its an auto switch that works when you start/stop engine, pretty simple to fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daytime-Running-...51c2af21d2

Sparky, where did you connect your red cable to, to get a live on ignition feed? Cheers ! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #441545 Wed Nov 05 2014 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>