RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Squeaking Glass Roof, Rattling Panels...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jonski

Squeaking Glass Roof, Rattling Panels...

After eight months of use the panoramic glass roof is starting to squeak and both front doors rattle when the Meridian system is played at half-throttle. It seems the chassis is softer than I expected for torsion. Anyone else facing similar stuff, my previous 2007 Freelander was rocks solid without any squeaks or rattle. 2013 RRS TDV6 HSE, fuji/almond - First in Finland to order the new model
2007 Freelander i6 HSE, stornoway/black - First in Finland to order the new model

Post #433285 Fri Aug 15 2014 12:32pm
Cooperman

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

My front doors are a shambles. Utter rattling shambles. Been in to dealer local to work twice - no resolution. Now booked for supplying dealer to collect and I'm not having it back until it is fixed. Not good enough frankly. Surely LRs test programmes should iron these issues out before we fork out £65k?? The hire car Astra that I had in France last month was rock solid. In many respects I love the car, but it is testing my patience. I feel a return to BMW coming on.

Post #433366 Sat Aug 16 2014 3:41pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Only thing which bothers me about mine is the brembos - they are very squeaky MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #433375 Sat Aug 16 2014 6:41pm
jonski

Yes, being an early buyer, one always risks being a quality test pilot. That said, the front-door rattle was identified to Spotify updating their iPhone software with an equaliser that had a default on way too much low bass. When that was put to neutral all became hunky-dory again. That said, roof is still squeaking but maybe that's the price one has to pay for an all-glass roof, independent of manufacturer? 2013 RRS TDV6 HSE, fuji/almond - First in Finland to order the new model
2007 Freelander i6 HSE, stornoway/black - First in Finland to order the new model

Post #433597 Mon Aug 18 2014 12:41pm
jonski

Brief googling showed that pano roof rattle is a common problem for all brands from Porsches to Teslas and Mercs... http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/sunroof-rattle-0 2013 RRS TDV6 HSE, fuji/almond - First in Finland to order the new model

Post #433619 Mon Aug 18 2014 3:02pm
jonski

Now getting really noisy, the smallest little bump and theres a cracking noise from the moonroof. Also, something in the rear has started to squeak, probably the boot lid. The previous cheapo FL2 was solid as a vault, but this RRS2 feels wobbly. 2013 RRS TDV6 HSE, fuji/almond - First in Finland to order the new model

Post #438749 Tue Oct 07 2014 7:28pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Worth saying it's never been a problem on the Evoque but might be if it was the opening roof. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #438776 Tue Oct 07 2014 9:26pm
Chrisr1806

England 

No problems here, plus I wouldn't call the FL2 "cheap". Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #438795 Wed Oct 08 2014 11:06am
jonski

Sorry, just wanted to juxtapose the price between the two and what one could expect. Mine was an early production and more than nine months already so there may be little problems out there. That said, the RRS2 that i drove last winter at LRE had a very squeaky pano too. Bet these posts will be rolling in soon... 2013 RRS TDV6 HSE, fuji/almond - First in Finland to order the new model

Post #438848 Wed Oct 08 2014 8:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1