RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > My Range Rover Sport is a Cloned Car, Stolen Vehicle.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567

chisin669

United Kingdom 

Thanks for those with honest advise.

Been talking to the met and a few times, opened up a fraudulent case and it's now been passed to the CID for further investigation. I have been warned not to go back to the home, but not too sure if the local police has sent anyone down at all.

I have already spoken to then legal team wiith the insurance company and also seek advise from the police force. Basically I brought a car from a person that do not even have a good title to the vehicle. The only option is to sue the seller and see if he has any money to payback. The possibility is .......................

True, I have lost 23K in 6 weeks. But it's a rather good and expensive lesson. Let's put my head down and earn some more money for another one

Post #438337 Thu Oct 02 2014 1:16am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Fingers crossed you get a good outcome although that looks unlikely its a discrace to think that scumbag has your 23k hope he faces justice but im sorry i would have been round there and given him my justice at least i would feel better good luck and keep us informed . 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #438342 Thu Oct 02 2014 6:09am
Sporting Chance

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Moral of this story is if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

It's a hard lesson, I do feel for you Chisin and hope you get some sort of recourse.

Shame you didn't say you were looking for a RRS a couple of weeks ago I'd have let you have my MY 2010 rather than trade it in.

Might have got a bit less for it letting Stratstone have it but I guess that is the price you pay, if anything like this were wrong with my new vehicle then it would be Stratstones problem. Current 2010 RRS TDV8
Gone 2009 D3 HSE TDV6
Gone 50th anniversary Defender
Gone 1992 Defender 200 TDI
Gone 1988 Defender TD
Gone 1979 Series 111 V6 Steve Parker conversion

Post #438353 Thu Oct 02 2014 10:18am
pko

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

So, were they bogus police who came & took the car away?

Post #438357 Thu Oct 02 2014 11:56am
JDF1

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Chisin669

Just a little more advice that may help you. The test for a criminal prosecution is the Police have to prove "Beyond all reasonable Doubt" that an individual has committed a crime and so it should be.

Unfortunately that means any doubt and a Jury is unlikely to convict someone. A civil case only needs to prove a case on the "balance of probability" that a fraud or theft has occurred. Obviously this means if you have legal protection with your insurance company or any other insurance you may have you could can still mount a private prosecution to recover whatever funds the seller may still have.
This will also help the Police case if you were successful. The court will also work on your behalf to recover the funds if you're successful.Which in this case I believe you would be. You may get a little critisism from the Judge for the way you bought the car but to get your money back it would seem to be worth it.

I wish you luck and hope you get something. Please keep us updated.

JDF gone but not forgotten 2003 4.4 RR Vogue

Post #438377 Thu Oct 02 2014 8:47pm
jack.bauer

Re: My Range Rover Sport is a Cloned Car, Stolen Vehicle.

awd man wrote:
chisin669 wrote:
Range Rover sport 3.0 TDV6 2014 white on Autotrader. Fully service history with only 1 owner selling at £24,500.

At this point I'd have scrolled on to the next ad...

Confused

ditto 07 TDV8 + BAS map

Post #438535 Sat Oct 04 2014 9:28pm
jack.bauer

JDF1 wrote:
Chisin669

Just a little more advice that may help you. The test for a criminal prosecution is the Police have to prove "Beyond all reasonable Doubt" that an individual has committed a crime and so it should be.

Unfortunately that means any doubt and a Jury is unlikely to convict someone. A civil case only needs to prove a case on the "balance of probability" that a fraud or theft has occurred. Obviously this means if you have legal protection with your insurance company or any other insurance you may have you could can still mount a private prosecution to recover whatever funds the seller may still have.
This will also help the Police case if you were successful. The court will also work on your behalf to recover the funds if you're successful.Which in this case I believe you would be. You may get a little critisism from the Judge for the way you bought the car but to get your money back it would seem to be worth it.

I wish you luck and hope you get something. Please keep us updated.

JDF

get the money back from who? the seller is unlikely to be at home watching the sunday game if all the paperwork was made up. are you suggesting the court will recover the money from the police who still havent admitted they hold the car?

so far it does sound like a well organised crime where the criminals sold and recovered the car to perform the same trick elsewhere. a quick google search reveals this has happened before

Suspect the calling card was a fake that resembles a genuine so much that Thames Valley took one look and fell for it too when they confirmed it was a genuine officer (the OP didn't clarify if they looked it up on the system or just took a glance at the card)

Chisin, I really feel for you, what's happened is awful. hope something good comes out of it and really hope you're not a family man who's savings have been robbed in this manner. 07 TDV8 + BAS map

Post #438537 Sat Oct 04 2014 9:44pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

jimbg wrote:
chisin669 wrote:
jimbg wrote:
What does this throw up if you put the data in?

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

I tried to put the data in but its not shown any information at all. does this mean anything?

Are you saying the you put in the reg number and LAND ROVER and it did not list the car?

Certainly works for me!!

I have just put my details in, and nothing can be found, how very odd Surprised 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #438554 Sat Oct 04 2014 11:03pm
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Re: My Range Rover Sport is a Cloned Car, Stolen Vehicle.

Question Question

chisin669 wrote:
I have always wanted a Range Rover Sport for years and finally decided for go ahead with it. In Aug I came across a Range Rover sport 3.0 TDV6 2014 white on Autotrader. Fully service history with only 1 owner selling at £24,500. I quickly went to see the car in Coventry and tested out the car. The car had no problem with it and the engine sounds solid. However there are scratches all over the car and scuffed all wheels. The seller requesting a cash deal and told me he wanted to sell this quick as he is going bankrupt. I believed him and he said if I give him a deposit of £1000, he would give me a car key to secure the car so that he wont sell to no one else.

I came to some alert at one point since the car is so cheap comparing to the market price. Market price should be around £30k with good condition. However I checked the log book and it was park at the drive way of where the car is registered to, so I thought let's gamble on it. He agreed to give me some time to gather the cash.

During the time, I kept contacting this person and check if he is able to accept bank transfer etc. But the answer is no, also he said he would give me back the deposit and sell to someone else if I can't get the cash. I was suspicious all the time and got other people to call this person to give him offers and see if he only wants to con the deposit out of people. But he doesn't answers, so I thought he is genius and kept his promise to sell to me.

I also asked he can provide ID such as driving licence or passport, but he said his driving licence is sent off to the DVLA for change of address as he is also selling the house, which matches his explanation for going bankruptcy. With the passport, he said he lost it some while ago as he claimed himself to be an untidy person. However during my first car view, I saw his birth Certificate in the car, it clearly stated his name on it. He said I should have more trust and we could close the deal inside his house (where the address is stated on the logbook) and provide some utility bills to provide that is his house.

I have done 3 HPI tests, all shown the car is cleared with no finance, no accident and not a stolen car.

Finally I decided to go down with the cash, our agreed price was £22,700. I did think if he car has anything wrong as it's so much cheaper. I went to consult some other friends with more car experience, they all said it's abit doggy but sometimes it can happen if the seller is needed some money quick.

I went down with 2 other people, one is a mechanic for many years. When I got there I asked if I could use his toilet so I could go into the house. I went inside the house and it all seems legitimate, I was shown to the toilet by the seller's daughter with is about 5 years old. I saw the seller's wife and all his family picture hanging on the wall.

It was board day light, me and my mechanic friend checked the car again from inside out. We went through all the paper works, service history etc which all tied up with the HPI test. We deliberately checked the VIN number on the wind screen, under the bonnet and under the car, they all matches with the log book and HPI test.

I finally decided to go for it. Paid the seller inside his house. He even warned me to drive safely since the car is not yet transfer and he doesnt want any penalty point. He even gave me the entire Logbook and ask me to send it off myself.

I sent off the Logbook the next day and got it insured. After couple of weeks later I received a letter from DVLA saying the have received my application and in the process of dealing with it.

I drove it for 6 weeks without any problem. Then I received another letter from the local police saying they have been instructed by DVLA to come and check my car. Finally when they came, they confirmed my car has been cloned. The police officer said the car was stolen and has been put on another car's identity. They even told me the car was stolen from London 10 days before I brought it.

Can anyone suggest what I can do? Now I am left without a car.

The officer took my car did not even give me any paperwork to sign, is this suppose to be like this? No even a case reference?

Now the car's been taken away, the officer did not even take a statement from me. They don't seems to be bother with where I brought the car from.

I understand and accepted the fact that I have lost money this time, but can they try to get this criminal in prison. Do I have to call the police and open up a separate case for it?

Anyone had this unfortunate experience before? Help
£24,500 For 2014 3.0 TDV6 Question Alarme bells should have been ringing no matter what paperwork was offered. You would have a hard job to find a 10MY 3.0 TDV6 for that price. It amazes me how many people out there are scamed to part with large sums of money. I have always been one to grab a bargain, but i am also very careful. If it looks to good to be true,it isn't itisme

Post #438578 Sun Oct 05 2014 9:12am
JDF1

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

"get the money back from who? the seller is unlikely to be at home watching the sunday game if all the paperwork was made up. are you suggesting the court will recover the money from the police who still havent admitted they hold the car?"

Jack.Bauer sorry you seem to miss my point if the seller can be traced then there is a possibility that some form of compensation can be extracted if this is an organised group as I said in my first post. As I understand it this is not a fraud using bogus Police this is a stolen vehicle which has been cloned. The original case sits with the Met who have asked Thames Valley Police to recover the car on their behalf. I think Chisin will confirm this.

all the best JDF gone but not forgotten 2003 4.4 RR Vogue

Post #438602 Sun Oct 05 2014 8:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567