RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > 2010 DAB Module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Markbr

United Kingdom 
2010 DAB Module

Hi guys just need some advice I have a 2010 facelift RRS SE MODEL which does not have DAB I've found a DAB module for sale and they are located in the boot area on the HSE Model. Will this just plug in and give me dab ???? Or is there more involved.

Post #430804 Thu Jul 17 2014 2:10pm
Cortez*

I'd be very interested to know the answer to this question also. Although we have DAB radio broadcast in Australia, the 2010 RR (and probably later years) didn't come with the DAB module.

I suspect that the harness (I'm guessing the one found in the left rear quarter panel) would be able to accept the module however a firmware upgrade would be required on the system to get the module functioning.

I'd love for this to be possible as the AM reception in my 2010 RR is appalling.

Here's hoping someone can shed some light on the topic.

Post #433912 Fri Aug 22 2014 5:37am
JDF1

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
DAB info

Hi,
I am in the same position and am half way through the solution but range Rover are being very evasive about whether it is simple 'plug and play'. They will fit a unit at an unbelievably silly price of £380 but wont discuss the process. The wiring diagrams suggest that the addition wiring loom is there but maybe missing the one vital part the connectors I am trying to find a breakers with the right age Sport to go further but witha warranty on my vehicle I have to be careful.

Any advice or success would be grateful

Many Thanks gone but not forgotten 2003 4.4 RR Vogue

Post #438234 Tue Sep 30 2014 9:43pm
flack

You would also need to tell the car thats the module has been fitted via the CCF file. This needs to be edited in the Infotainment section. It will needa a MOSt connection as well so it can be seen on the network.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #438248 Wed Oct 01 2014 8:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JDF1

Flack,
Thanks for the info Thumbs Up would you happen to know if this is something that can be done without the RangeRover diagnistics i.e aftermarket professional snap on system?

many Thanks gone but not forgotten 2003 4.4 RR Vogue

Post #438301 Wed Oct 01 2014 8:06pm
flack

JDF

It would have to be done with either a LR system or a thrid party system like the MSV, Nanocom or IID tool, the snap on one as far as I know can not do this..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #438315 Wed Oct 01 2014 9:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JDF1

Flack,
Very grateful for your advice Thumbs Up that puts a small dent in my plan but i still need to locate the right part of the loom and connector. But with the potential for an additional expense investing in another OBII system my guess is actually Range Rover may turn out to be cheaper much as I hate admit it Rolling with laughter gone but not forgotten 2003 4.4 RR Vogue

Post #438331 Wed Oct 01 2014 10:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1