RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Detailing Tips
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tony666

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Agree with above. The wax I used was easy to work with, just apply (I used the applicator sold seperately) then a quick buff off with a towel. It's important to use a clean dry towel. Also, forgot to mention earlier but I recently tried using peanut butter for the black plastics and pillars.....my colleagues in work thought I was crazy but it was amazing how good it looked Very Happy

Post #432899 Mon Aug 11 2014 7:28pm
Mister B

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

thanks for the heads up regarding polish vs wax Bow down just read the blurb on the autoglym super resin polish i use and it does say it removes light scratches ect Shocked and should be followed with the extra gloss protection (which i have) this means even more work Big Cry

the polish car wash down the road is looking very attractive at £20 for a 4 x 4 Rolling with laughter

Post #432926 Mon Aug 11 2014 9:21pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Auto Glym SRP is the best all rounder if you're not into cleaning your car , don't have bundles of time and the paint isn't too bad..

It has a sealant as well so if you fancy having a go....You should get some nice results off the clay mitt and a once over with

the SRP... good luck... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #432928 Mon Aug 11 2014 9:35pm
Mister B

to be honest iv'e always used auto glym shampoo and resin polish, just not very often, and can't be bothered with the extra gloss protector every time (love to see the beading when it rains though)

As i said, having felt the bits on the paint i will be giving the clay mitt a go as an experiment Thumbs Up

Post #432939 Mon Aug 11 2014 10:23pm
Beancounter_74

England 

For the inside, a damp microfibre cloth will do wonders, or something like Einszett (1Z) Cockpit Premium for a great OEM finish Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #432947 Tue Aug 12 2014 12:04am
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Tony666 wrote:
I recently used the Farecia G3 range. Clay Mitt, Perm Scratch Remover then the Resin Superwax . The clay mitt is very easy to use, just spray on a bit of water/car shampoo mix then run the mitt over it. The difference on the bonnet was amazing, you can hear all of the contaminate lifting off.

Although I'm not a fan of the place, Halfrauds are doing 3 for 2 on this stuff at the moment.
We used to use Farecla G3 Compound on cars after a respray, to clear any defects in the paint. It was a type of abrasif. Not recomended for regular use. I use Professional Turtel Wax with Teflon. I only do it every 6 months or so. and i only clean the car with plenty of clear cold water. It looks great and feel as smooth as silk itisme

Post #432967 Tue Aug 12 2014 10:02am
Martin0711

United Kingdom 

I always wash the car with as little contact as possible. Snow foam, leave for a few mins and powerwash. Snowfoam again and wash with soft mitten using a clean bucket to rinse mitten and power wash off.
use IRON x to remove impurities from your alloys.

Using some detailing spray or lubricant and elite car cares medium or fine clay bar to get rid of paint contaminates.

To remove oxidation and swirls i use Menzernza ultra fine polish, orange buffing pad and a DA polishing machine with some detailing spray or water and car shampoo as a lubricant. Work the polish till it becomes transparent, ususlly 8/10 passes to make sure the polish has been broken down propperly. Failuar to do this will result in hologram effect in the paint.

Snow foam and powerwash to remove residue.

To refine the paint work, Menzerna power finish with a red buffing pad same technique as before.

Snow foam and powerwash.

Dry using a drying towel and meguires final touch detailing spray.

Polish with Menzerna power lock and a foam aplicator pad. Buff when a haze forms using micro fibre pads.

Wax with poorboys butter carnuba wax

Finish with Colinite insulator liquid wax.

Maintenance period use Chemical guys Black light radiant finish.

Leather interior try using Gliptone leather care products, yet to find a better combination for the price.

Martin

Post #433125 Wed Aug 13 2014 4:33pm
Mister B

Shocked you must have a very clean car Bow down

Post #433126 Wed Aug 13 2014 4:36pm
Martin0711

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up You got it. Kinda OCD when it come to having a clean car

Post #433134 Wed Aug 13 2014 5:34pm
Supercharged lad

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Java Black

Hey like the cleaning combo I suffer with the same disorder of cleaning Big Cry I just can't do it often enough at the moment with the awfull weather enjoy Thumbs Up

Post #433150 Wed Aug 13 2014 8:03pm
PEACHY

England 

Supercharged Lad - you changed the rear tailgate lettering yet Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #433156 Wed Aug 13 2014 8:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supercharged lad

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Java Black

Hi mate been working so had to cancel my booking Big Cry I'm gagging to take it ASAP it's looking at me saying IM WRONG Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #433158 Wed Aug 13 2014 8:35pm
PEACHY

England 

It's not wrong - it's individual - pull the trim off - it just pulls off - take it inside where its warm - use some tooth floss - or cotton thread & a hairdryer to slowly work the letters off Thumbs Up then use your detailing polish to remove the residue - snap the trim back on - should take 30 mins if you do it carefully Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #433159 Wed Aug 13 2014 9:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gary7734

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Spent yesterday with the G3 clay mitt, autoglym rapid detailer and G3 resin superwax, the clay mitt was very easy to use and you could easily feel the bodywork cleaning as it glided over easily, the G3 wax was easily applied and the finish was superb, considering first real clean in 3 years !! From start to finish about 3 hours and worth every moment Thumbs Up

Post #433943 Fri Aug 22 2014 2:38pm
Saeedasghar

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
product opinion

Hi guys,

Thinking of going further down the rabbit hole that is detailing. Was wondering if any one has any views or experience with chemical guys jet seal 109 and glossworkz at all. The course of action and products to give some back round I wish to use in total are as follows

CG Citrus wash and gloss
Bilthamer clay bar
Auto glym super resin
CG Glossworkz glaze
CG Jetseal 109 sealant two layers
Collinite 476s wax single top layer

All would be by hand as I do not currently have a DA polisher.

Could any one advise on if these products would give any issues with one another or anything they feel would be a better option at all. I already use all the rest on my rrs just wanted to fill in any find marring and swirls with the glaze stage and use a sealant to keep it looking slick for longer.

Post #437316 Sun Sep 21 2014 3:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12