Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Micalee's Clay cloth review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 
Micalee's Clay cloth review

I've been using the traditional clay bar for some time now and thought I would give MicaLees cloth a go

So been smart I moved my car in to a nice large area away from anything and started by guving the Wife's car a snow foam soak, did the wheels and then pressure washed the car down, washed with GTechniq G-wash a nice slippery shampoo with lots of bubbles, hosed down again and let the clay cloth soak

Lifted out of my shampoo bucket dripping it was straight on to the car to act as a lube, folded and set to work, turning to use a fresh quarter often and then rinsed in shampoo again and so on

I could hear the cloth doing it's work and then not so it was working.

Then the big test came, my wife's Metalic black roof, working on a quarter of the roof and using all for quarters of the cloth, it did it's job

I hosed the whole car down, dried using GTechniq C2V3 as a drying aid and then gave the whole car a going over by hand with Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite, buffed and then the GTechniq C2v3 as it's LSP

Time for inspection Confused

Not a swirl in sight, well no more than the few that were there already anyway, I have used clay bars that have induced a bit of marring but this was good Cool

The cloth afterwards

The finished roof

But my only concern is that the clay coating on the cloth will deteriorate quite quickly,

Post #436171 Sat Sep 13 2014 11:09am
micalee

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Very many thanks for the review - I am glad you found the process both easy and effective. The break up of the Clay Compound is usually only associated with the folded areas of the cloth and in my opinion does not affect the outcome of the process. I have used these for 20 - 30 vehicles plus with no issues and at a snip over £10, I feel its very good value for money.

Regards

Post #436172 Sat Sep 13 2014 11:26am
Bungleaio

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Wow 20-30 cars. I'm impressed. I was expecting them to be single use seeing as you can't kneed the clay like you can do with a bar.

Post #436192 Sat Sep 13 2014 2:34pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Just an idea, in the application of the clay covering to the Microfibre , if this could be in four separate sections, with a small amount of Microfibre in between each section, the folding would be easier and less prone to cracking Idea

Post #436194 Sat Sep 13 2014 2:45pm
micalee

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Bungleaio wrote:
Wow 20-30 cars. I'm impressed. I was expecting them to be single use seeing as you can't kneed the clay like you can do with a bar.

20-30 cars proved to be good with these, but it was only the edges that were really well broken down as shown in npinks picture. The surface will deteriorate with usage as it is working on removing contamination and pollutants and although the cloth looked far from new, it still worked! Regular rinsing of the cloth is essential to remove contamination during the process and letting the cloth air dry rather than ringing it out will preserve its life further.

npinks wrote:
Just an idea, in the application of the clay covering to the Microfibre , if this could be in four separate sections, with a small amount of Microfibre in between each section, the folding would be easier and less prone to cracking.

This is exactly the idea we are currently looking at.

Post #436212 Sat Sep 13 2014 5:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1