RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > GAP insurance paid for but not received
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

W33 RRS

Scotland 
GAP insurance paid for but not received

I am looking for advice as I bought my RRS in July this year and paid £250 for GAP insurance the day I picked it up from a mitsubishi garage.

A month went past and I never received any paper work so went back to the garage. Long story short the sales man is a Censored and everyone was trying to stall me and prevent me from speaking to him!

Eventually I caught him by turning up 5mins before closing and found out that they couldn't put through GAP insurance as they didn't have an account (or whatever it is they need) and admitted he knew he had seen me earlier but was 'hiding' and told the receptionist not to let me speak to anyone!

So they had my £250 for a month, with me thinking I was covered and them unable to even set up the cover!

I have never had to deal with anything like this before, and want to know what options I have for reporting this and making sure other people aren't being ripped off?

Post #434818 Mon Sep 01 2014 12:25pm
Bungleaio

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

That's very underhand from the sales man!

I would take it out from another source, I've used ALA before and they are a lot cheaper than £250, and then pursue getting your money back from the dealer.

Post #434831 Mon Sep 01 2014 1:51pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

1. Buy the GAP elsewhere
2. Report the incident to the Police. Taking money under false pretences is a crime. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #434832 Mon Sep 01 2014 2:05pm
W33 RRS

Scotland 

Iv been looking around for other providers, I shall try ALA Smile

The garage has also now been reported to trading standards, so hopefully anyone else that thinks they have it will be informed. I didn't realise it was a police matter though. Surprised

Post #434879 Mon Sep 01 2014 7:03pm
Noops

United Kingdom 
Re: GAP insurance paid for but not received

W33 RRS wrote:
I am looking for advice as I bought my RRS in July this year and paid £250 for GAP insurance the day I picked it up from a mitsubishi garage.

A month went past and I never received any paper work so went back to the garage. Long story short the sales man is a Censored and everyone was trying to stall me and prevent me from speaking to him!

Eventually I caught him by turning up 5mins before closing and found out that they couldn't put through GAP insurance as they didn't have an account (or whatever it is they need) and admitted he knew he had seen me earlier but was 'hiding' and told the receptionist not to let me speak to anyone!

So they had my £250 for a month, with me thinking I was covered and them unable to even set up the cover!

I have never had to deal with anything like this before, and want to know what options I have for reporting this and making sure other people aren't being ripped off?

Shocked Shocking and illegal!

You might consider reporting the dealership to the Financial Conduct Authority. They'll come down on them like a ton of the proverbial!

Post #435059 Wed Sep 03 2014 10:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1