RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Final spec question - HSE or Dynamic?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

mikef

United Kingdom 

Thanks for replies. Like everybody does I guess, I signed a vehicle order form back in January which I presume is a legal contract obliging me to buy that vehicle from Stratstone. In fact that must be the case otherwise Stratstone would not have confirmed the build order to LR without any further reference to me or getting me to sign another order document. So in theory I'm banged to rights. I'm not sure that any verbal discussions between the salesman and me regarding a change in spec has any effect on the order contract
The key point though is whether they are able to supply a vehicle to the exact spec that was agreed because, as I said, I believe LR stopped building TDV6 SE models back in June. If they cannot supply a vehicle to the exact spec, then of course I have a reason to reject the vehicle because it's spec does not conform with the contract. I don't know whether there is any consumer law which may affect the situation
Obviously I'm hoping that LR accept a spec change and I still have an opportunity to decide between a HSE and Dynamic

Post #431564 Thu Jul 24 2014 11:47pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I don't agree at all ...

First get hold of a copy of that order form .... if you don't have it get your dealer to email it to you...

Read it thoroughly... mine was in plain English and quite clear and understandable.

Know what you are and are not committed to and for that matter what LR are obliged to do.

Once you have done that you will then be in a much stronger position to fight your corner.

Worst comes to the worst .. spend a couple hundred to get some advice ....

Don't make any assumptions here and don't accept anything lying down...

Second.... Find out .... fast... what it is they are building for you.....

You have every right to know...... and what you do now can influence the outcome....

Start kicking up a stink....... start demanding information....Get the Chairmans email address and write to him.

Good luck ... but your going to have to be more pro active i'm afraid imo 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #431570 Fri Jul 25 2014 3:00am
mikef

United Kingdom 

I have got the order form and it is quite clear. I have agreed to buy the vehicle as specified and at the price agreed. There is nothing on it which obliges Stratstone to reconfirm the spec before the build date. However I am quite relaxed about the situation as the conditions give me a right to cancel if the price should change as a result of a manufacturer's price increase or if the spec should change and the dealer cannot change the spec back to what was originally agreed. As already discussed, I don't believe that Stratstone can supply a TDV6 SE and not at the price agreed in Jan so I am likely to have 2 get out chances. Obviously, I am hoping that Stratstone can change the spec of the vehicle in build to what I want now and that the order goes through but according to the contract, the worst that can happen is that I lose my deposit or proportion of it to cover Stratstone's costs. I would hope also that, if the build spec cannot be changed, that Stratstone transfer my deposit to the next available build slot and they take 'my' vehicle into their stock for sale to somebody else.
At the moment, though, Stratstone have gone to ground. They are not returning my calls from yesterday or today and have not replied to or acknowledged an email I sent this morning which I think is pretty poor considering they know they have a disgruntled customer

Post #431595 Fri Jul 25 2014 12:34pm
andman

seriously bad form STRATSTONE AYLEBURY !!
My blood would be boiling...as i'm sure yours is...

How far away are you from the dealership.....

Perhaps drop by this eve.....

If your man's not there .. ask for the manager or Director....

put the pressure on !!

[/i][/i]
 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #431598 Fri Jul 25 2014 12:53pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Quote:
seriously bad form STRATSTONE AYLEBURY !!
My blood would be boiling...as i'm sure yours is...

I'm more disappointed than angry. I can sort of understand that a mistake has been made whilst a salesman is on holiday but it was only by accident that I found out and that's what bothers me. It wasn't the salesman ringing me to inform me that my vehicle order had gone to build early by mistake but it was only because I rang him to discuss finalisation of the spec that I found out. I don't what he and Stratstone were expecting to happen. Maybe they were hoping to present me with a fait accompli when the vehicle arrived and just expect me to be happy and drive away with a vehicle in a spec I didn't want or maybe they just don't care because they can sell every vehicle they get whether it is to me or somebody else. I can't get to the dealership today or tomorrow but I am planning to go on Sunday

Post #431601 Fri Jul 25 2014 1:15pm
Paul-U

United Kingdom 

Hi Mike,
Had exactly the same problem a week ago myself, see if my little tale sounds familiar.
Put in an order in Jan and paid a refundable deposit at my local dealership for an HSE in Barolo. Had many months of anticipation playing with the spec on the Configurator and a couple of conversations with the dealer. This mainly consisted of them pushing my build date further and further back from an original June to July then August. A few weeks ago got a confirmed build date in August for delivery at the start of Sept and a request to confirm my spec by 14/7. Went in at the beginning of July to go through everything and the dealer emailed this new spec for an HSE in Corris grey. I made a few minor changes and told them we were good to go about 5 days before the cut off period. Then got a call the day later from the sales rep explaining that JLR had brought forward the cut off date and they were now building my car with the original spec that we had put in originally in January. Needless to say, the S hit the F with everyone blaming everyone else. The Sales agent's boss called me offering either the January spec for the beginning of sept or wait another month and I could use some other build date they had with my requested spec with a hint that I might get a Disco to use gratis in sept whilst I waited. I contacted JLR HQ and requested they sort it out. 48 hours later it got fixed by HQ and my spec requested was put into the correct build date for delivery at the beginning of sept.
Seems like there must have been a SNAFU between the production line letting everyone at JLR and the dealers know what they are up to.
Considering this is a high value brand with prices to match I'm not very impressed even though they sorted it out eventually.
Best of luck and keep us posted how they deal with this one.

Post #431617 Fri Jul 25 2014 5:18pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Paul-U that's very interesting. The salesman did hint that there were a few others with the same issue. May I ask who you contacted at JLR HQ or at least which dept? Why were you able to do that and achieve a satisfactory conclusion and your dealer wasn't?

Post #431622 Fri Jul 25 2014 6:18pm
Paul-U

United Kingdom 

Sure mike,
I just phoned up customer service. Can't remember he name of the lady there, might have been Nicole or something similar. She spoke with my dealers and the production office and the problem went away. Got the feeling the dealers were pretty fed up with JLR but they could not say it out loud.
Vow
P

Post #431623 Fri Jul 25 2014 6:35pm
andman

So your problem should get sorted relatively easily...

and when it does and they ask for your actual chosen spec this time....

Is it to be Dynamic or not. !! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #431624 Fri Jul 25 2014 6:39pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Just called Stratstone. Good news is that it seems I always have the option to put my deposit onto another build slot for Oct/Nov delivery so I don't have to accept vehicle being built now which will end up in Stratstone's stock. They also suggested that I call JLR customer service to plead my case for changing the spec of the current build. Seems wierd but they're saying that individual customers carry more weight than dealers do in this situation which seems odd but I'll call them on Monday. If that doesn't work, then I'll shift my deposit onto the later build date

Post #431627 Fri Jul 25 2014 6:45pm
Paul-U

United Kingdom 

Fair enough, but I had emails from the dealers stating build dates etc so I had a pretty clear position. My policy was to hold them to their obligations and for the kind of money/depreciation they are asking, they had better provide appropriate service. If al all possible get as much out of them as you can for the loss of confidence/inconvenience etc. Keep civil but stand your ground. You may find out that this works out in your favour.
Best of luck
P

Post #431631 Fri Jul 25 2014 7:21pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Just to finish this thread off, I had a meeting with Stratstone last Sunday and they were very apologetic. They confirmed that I had the option to transfer my deposit to the next available build at the original protected price, which they say is an Oct/Nov delivery, or to cancel my order and have my deposit returned. They asked me to contact LR Customer Care myself to try to convince them to change the spec of my original build which I did. Unfortunately Customer Care said that the order dept would have changed the spec if it was just an exterior colour change but since I wanted a different interior trim colour too and some other changes, they refused to agree any changes. Stratstone spoke to them also and got the same result. Obviously, I still want a new RRS so I never entertained the idea of cancelling my order so I have just transferred to another build. Stratstone will be stuck with an HSE in Aleutian Silver with black interior in their stock some time in Sept but I guess they wont have any problem shifting it.
As my delivery is now Oct/Nov, I'm starting to think whether I should delay delivery until Jan to get a 2015 car. I'm also wondering when MY15 deliveries start. Anybody got any thoughts on this?
And to answer the initial question of HSE v Dynamic, I also had an extended test drive in a Dynamic on Sunday and I've decided to stick with a standard HSE. Yes there is a noticeable improvement in body control in Dynamic mode and the vehicle does corner very well for such a heavy tall machine but actually it doesn't handle at all badly in standard mode either. I asked myself how often I could enjoy the Dynamic mode in the crowded South East where I live and the answer really is not often. I also happen to prefer the bright trim details of the standard HSE to the dark trim of the Dynamic especially since I've chosen a dark colour. I also think I prefer the higher profile 20" wheels rather than 21" for I hope a slightly better ride and puncture resistance so, on balance, its an HSE for me

Post #432136 Fri Aug 01 2014 10:40pm
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

Glad this is working out better now.

Your train of thought is much the same as mine when I got my HSE. You won't be disappointed. Regards

Malcolm

Post #432150 Sat Aug 02 2014 9:49am
andman

Pleased to hear it was just a storm in a tea cup...

Good luck with the new order 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #432184 Sat Aug 02 2014 8:39pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Mike as far as im aware orders placed from june are for the my15 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #435227 Thu Sep 04 2014 2:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>