RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Hammonds of Halesworth now Marshall Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand
Hammonds of Halesworth now Marshall Land Rover

My local dealer, Hammond Halesworth, who has been absolutely brilliant thought the sales and after sales process has now been taken over by Marshall Land Rover

I always try to use local family owned dealerships and have had the unfortunate experience with other marques that, once the family business is taken over by a bigger concern standards drop immensely due to new owners cutting corners whilst trying to maximise the return on their purchase.

From what I have read Marshalls do not have a particularly good reputation. Should I be as concerned as I am?

Post #431614 Fri Jul 25 2014 5:03pm
leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

To be honest ever since it was known that Marshalls have taken over, yes the service (in my experience) has gone down.

Feel free to PM me if you wish Smile 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #432336 Mon Aug 04 2014 10:36pm
PEACHY

England 

In my experience - Marshalls are Censored today I phoned the DVLA - log book still not arrived after 6 weeks - apparently the address - postcode given by Marshalls was incorrect on the documents sent to Swansea. Rolling Eyes 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #432338 Mon Aug 04 2014 10:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MXSRR

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Sumatra Black

Hammonds always used to be very competitive, they always tried to match or beat indies if pushed, I wonder if Marshalls will be as accommodating?

I now use Roy Humphrey Vargas (independent) based near Eye Suffolk. MY2007 RRS TDV8 Black - tinted glass - side steps- stormer grille - 20" diamond cut alloys - alpaca leather - TV/DVD pack - some blingy chrome bits & bob's

Post #432348 Tue Aug 05 2014 8:40am
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I have never had a good experience when dealing with the Bedford, Peterborough or Cambridge branches of Marshall LR. Things might be different with their latest takeover, but I very much doubt it...........

Jim

Post #432350 Tue Aug 05 2014 9:48am
tonytiger

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Used Hammonds when I lived in Norfolk as Hunters were Censored

Marshalls in Cambridge agreed are Censored , walked in there wearing jean n trainers ignored me.... Went to Marshalls in Bedford were completely different now on my 3rd car from them Thumbs Up

Let's hope marshalls in Halesworth are upto bedfords standards Thumbs Up 2010 TDV8 Bali Blue........ "Alive Tuned"

[URL=][/URL]

Post #458429 Mon Apr 06 2015 7:59pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Well, just an update on this
Car has just had its 2nd service there and all I can say is that my worst fears have come to fruition Crying or Very sad

I booked the car in with over 4 weeks notice and at 4.30pm the day before I received a call from them asking if they could rearrange the date. I told them it wasn't possible due to a forthcoming vacation and that I felt insulted that they have made such a request when I have given them over 4 weeks notice.

Took the car in for 9.30am as agreed with an agreed collection time of 5.00pm. Arrived to pick it up at 4.55pm to be told it wasn't ready and that it would be at least another 30 minutes. Whilst sat at the dealership I managed to connect my iphone to the on board Blackvue camera and a little searching showed that the car didn't move from the spot I parked it in at 9.30am until 3.20pm
When I confronted the service manager about this he said it was probably the case since they had been very busy. I also asked how they managed to do all that needed to be done in 2 hours when I was told on booking it in that they would need to spend 3 hours on the car since it was a comprehensive service. His response, " all I can do is apologise for the delay"

Pointless apologetic words cannot make up for abysmal service! A good dealership now gone down the pan following a takeover!

Post #458801 Sat Apr 11 2015 10:17am
LandPhil

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

I didn't rate them before they were taken over as they tried to seriously rip me off for a second service on my Freely and failed miserably to do a deal to sell me one.

I have to say Marshalls Bury St Edmunds, which is only a service centre no sales, has done me proud lately. They have a new service manager Carl, and the techies I met were very good. That's one of the joys of owning a RRS, you get to meet some very interesting people and they are are all LR technicians.

Post #458804 Sat Apr 11 2015 10:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1