RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Side Sills / Roof Combination
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Violetpiano

United Kingdom 
Side Sills / Roof Combination

I have my RRS Supercharged due to be delivered hopefully just before Christmas and I am very settled on the colours – Mariana Black with an Ebony / Ivory interior. However I there is one thing that I am not too happy about……the only contrast roof colours available with Mariana Black are Indus Silver and Corris Grey which are a bit too much of a contrast for me so I have opted for a body coloured roof.

This means that I can’t have the side sills in the body colour and they will have to be black. But I would like them to be body coloured. So the question is…….has anybody had their dealer paint either the side sills or roof so that the everything is the same colour as the body colour and if anybody has what were the costs involved?

I have asked my dealer this question and waiting for him to get back to me but I thought it might be useful to get some idea of the costs involved from people who have done this.

Thanks
Jas

Post #430560 Tue Jul 15 2014 9:36am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I'm not convinced the black side skirts are standard items painted black and are instead moulded in black. I think, at a minimum, you'll need to order a set-for-painting in primer and then have them painted, not the originals. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #430638 Tue Jul 15 2014 7:47pm
robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

When I was looking to order ferenze my dealer offered ( at a cost ) a colour coding package that is done in their body shop , for what it's worth I went with Mariana in the end it really is a fab colour even tho i wanted a change from black , I went with the indus roof and noble plated mirror caps , the combo I am very very pleased with the added bonus with it being the hse all the other bits , fog light surrounds , grille , trims , skid pans and belly pans are silver as standard so it all codes in another thing if you like lots of ivory have a look at the expresso comb as you get more ivory than you do with he ebony comb again delighted with that choice , whatever you go for ime sure it will look great rob t 2014/5 rr sport hse, Marianna black , silver roof , silver door mirror caps , privacy , deployable tow bar
2014 defender 90
Gone 2013 rr sport be
Gone and missed 02 Nissan xtrail

Post #430648 Tue Jul 15 2014 9:12pm
Mike London

Re: Side Sills / Roof Combination

Violetpiano wrote:
I have my RRS Supercharged due to be delivered hopefully just before Christmas and I am very settled on the colours – Mariana Black with an Ebony / Ivory interior. However I there is one thing that I am not too happy about……the only contrast roof colours available with Mariana Black are Indus Silver and Corris Grey which are a bit too much of a contrast for me so I have opted for a body coloured roof.

This means that I can’t have the side sills in the body colour and they will have to be black. But I would like them to be body coloured. So the question is…….has anybody had their dealer paint either the side sills or roof so that the everything is the same colour as the body colour and if anybody has what were the costs involved?

I have asked my dealer this question and waiting for him to get back to me but I thought it might be useful to get some idea of the costs involved from people who have done this.

Thanks
Jas

I am finding the same problem ... If you spec the autobiography in a single body colour, i.e. the roof colour the same as body, then the body coloured sills, front section, and sculpted rear quarter sections all default to black plastic! Is the any logic to why LR have done this?
I'm sure customers are ordering top of the range models without realising that this happens unless they choose to have a different coloured roof! Makes no sense ...

mike

Post #431282 Tue Jul 22 2014 6:50pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

You can spec body coloured sills and quarters now regardless of body colour. ( model year 15 orders, as of 17 July )

Post #431286 Tue Jul 22 2014 7:38pm
Mike London

The online configuration still reverts to black plastics if you choose roof colour same as body.

I ask because I have been offered from my LR dealer a MY14 Autobiography Dynamic, all Black, but the sills and bumpers are not painted, which looks odd, especially as its listed as standard (unless you have the same roof colour)!

Post #431291 Tue Jul 22 2014 8:14pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

Online configurator is not up to date.Its still on MY 14.5 Go and speak to your dealer.
Unfortunately if you order now you probably wont get the car until around April next year.
Or you could take a punt, take the AB now and order a new one and hope its not too much to change............. Exclamation ( don't think I'd be brave enough for that Laughing )

Post #431295 Tue Jul 22 2014 9:06pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Just sorting my order now and dealer says car should be delivered before xmas hope this is right Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #431321 Wed Jul 23 2014 6:33am
viper

Any idea what the price is for body coloured sills and quarters ? 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #431337 Wed Jul 23 2014 10:18am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

I have asked my dealer and he said that you still can't spec the side sills and roof in the same colour Sad

And if anybody has had this done retrospectively by their dealer, I would also like an idea of the costs involved.

Cheers
Jas

Post #431351 Wed Jul 23 2014 12:25pm
Roymoody

United Kingdom 

My dealer (Leeds) will do sills and lower bumper for £1000 - one of my colleagues has just had it done and it looks perfect - no different from a factory paint.

Post #436068 Fri Sep 12 2014 8:17am
viper

looks perfect love that colour combo Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey

Post #436069 Fri Sep 12 2014 8:58am
Kimmea

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

The wifes is getting colour coded at the min by my local-ish dealer for £775 prior to collection.

Post #436206 Sat Sep 13 2014 6:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1