RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > INSURANCE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ADO5TIMES

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
INSURANCE

Picking up my RRS 2010 3.0 TD V6 HSE tomorrow, cant wait. Went onto my current insurers site Quote Me Happy only to find that they wont insure me! I presume this is because they do not insure vehicles of this class/value £29k. Ok that's fine rules are rules, but when they want to charge £54 cancellation fee, and I cannot even speak to someone as it is online only, it leaves me a little disgruntled to say the least, as I would have remained with them. Sad

I now need to get new insurance and the best deal through a search engine is Hastings Direct, but as I am in the process of transferring my private plate, I have to pay another £20 with them in a weeks time to change the paperwork, and they wont waiver this. Sad

Its so annoying that insurance is there for peace of mind and we pay a substantial premium anyhow, its damn annoying and blatantly obvious charges are made to further rip off the public Big Cry

Post #430296 Sun Jul 13 2014 9:20am
W33 RRS

Scotland 

Oh dear, you need to get tough with your insurance company, remember there first offer is never their best offer.

I bought my first RRS 2.7 and updated my policy from my 1.3 corsa c for £100 and I'm only 23 with 5yrs no claims, so it's about £500 a year. The first offer was at least double that, but they soon applied some discounts. I was also informed that I would have to pay £17.50 when the old owners private plate came off, I made it clear that would not happen and that charge was dropped too.

They are just chancers don't be giving them money for nothing!

Post #431350 Wed Jul 23 2014 12:23pm
Gargy

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I had the run around when buying my RRS...... A plan quoted £600.00 !

The woman I bought the RRS off said to try Tesco Car insurance.................... £345.00.

Result.

Good luck.

Post #431363 Wed Jul 23 2014 2:19pm
Sirrel Squirrel

Quote Me Happy are part of Aviva, who require a tracker to be fitted. Last I checked you can't specify on their website that you have one so you need to phone them up but I don't think you can insure with them over the phone?

Post #431471 Thu Jul 24 2014 1:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1