RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Dynamic suspension (aka ACE) or not ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Dynamic suspension (aka ACE) or not ?

Must spec my RRS very soon now and a big dilema is whether to go for Dynamic Suspension or not. As I am going for the TDv6 this suspension is an option (its standard on the supercharged). It expensive too, adding a couple of grand.

I have had a D2 with ACE. Undoubtedly ACE made the road holding "feel" better as the vehicle didn't roll in corners. However there was a price to pay in terms of a far firmer ride. Speed bumps and pot holes created a jarring, back crunching effect at certain speeds, whereas in the non ACE version these were hardly noticed. The ACE never gave any reliability problems either, which surprised me as it sounded new and complex so I was sure it was going to be a problem.

I went from the D2 to a RR though and immdiately missed the ACE as the dog, luggage and child were regularly sent sliding back and forth accross the shiny leather rear seat or boot due to the excessive body roll. I thought I would miss ACE in the D3 but don't. The different chassis set up copes very well without ACE and the quality of ride is the best in any vehicle I have ever driven. So the big question is, do I need / want ACE in the RRS or not. If anyone has driven a RRS with and without this system I would greatly appreciate your views.

Post #43 Sat May 28 2005 4:55am
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Now I am confused. LR website option list now just shows Dynamic Response as standard on the supercharged but not available on other models. That is definitely different from the option booklet I got from my dealer some weeks ago. Hopefully that is another LR mistake ???

Post #44 Sat May 28 2005 5:17am
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Smarticus, there is apparently some sort of problem with dynamic response and fitting in models apart from the SC. I have been advised by my LR dealer that it should be available from August build onwards.

Post #46 Sat May 28 2005 9:45am
Biggles

England 

I have decided to spec my RRS without the Dynamic pack mainly because it is not yet available on any car except the super charged, I do think the Land Rover brochures and all info given by Land Rover has been very misleading (if its an option then why not available at launch).
But the money saved on the dynamic pack will be used to purchase some twenty inch overfinch rims and allow me two sets of wheels for off road on road and winter summer use.

Post #47 Sat May 28 2005 9:56am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Biggles it's probably the same reason as why they didn't launch the really basic model along with all the others...............
My dealer tells me that there will also be a version with no fancy toys, no leather and no wood later.
For the launch LR had to build loads of cars in specs with extras that they thought would sell.................... Dynamic Response is a very expensive extra and maybe the boys in the counting house and spec depts thought there might not be demand for it. Same as when the current RR was launched, in these parts the dealers could not get their hands on the TD6 for love nor money because LR built mainly V8's in Silver for the launch - they thought it would be the big seller. But in this area most RR's sold are diesels.

Post #68 Tue May 31 2005 10:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1