Page 3 of 3 <123

Tboner

England 

A 5.0SC for delivery between feb this year and November ? hmm 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #421872 Mon Apr 21 2014 4:43pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I'm convinced the SC 5.0 has been dropped for the rest of this model year for deliveries to the UK and if LR say, "no it hasn't", I will ask "where are the production slots?". A request to Pete for clarification goes unanswered.

I am next in line at my dealer (Stratstone) for one and they have no slots as far as they can see into the future and no idea at all when they will have one.

As for InControl, I am not aware of anyone with an RRS who has it. I know of two Evoque owners with it and in one case, LR flew an engineer up to work on the car on his driveway to make it work which it now is. Hardly encouraging and the concern is that the new Apple CarPlay will render it obsolete at a stroke. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #421873 Mon Apr 21 2014 4:54pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I dropped in to my local dealer this morning with a mind to p/ex my new shape 2013 AB in the coming months. I purchased this last Oct ex the showroom as I was actually going in to finalise specs on a new D4, but the dealer swapped out the showroom model RRS ab with a postponed order instead...Bit of luck, but I've been buying LRs from them for many years.
Anyway, the original salesman, was not in today regrettably, but another guy looked up from his computer and said next availability was Jan 2015. At that stage I hadn't even mentioned which engine/version I had in mind. And that was it! End of conversation.
Now, with an AB parked outside, you would have thought a bit more interest might have been shown, but not so. Bearing in mind with a minutes drive there are Audi/BMW/Merc dealerships, if that's the stock answer to potential new RRS business on a Bank Holiday Monday, it's going to drive potential new clients to other manufacturers.
From my point of view I doubt I'll have to wait until Jan 2015....there'll be an opportunity in due course.

Post #421881 Mon Apr 21 2014 7:09pm
Tboner

England 

Come on all

1/ Pete at JLR is here for one thing to try and manage social media and feedback negative content into JLR and then manage it. tell me if i'm wrong would love to be but ....

2/ Engines i said before on other post's and this one there are no 5.0sc engines to allocate for UK cars left this year same as far as i am aware for 4.4 SDV8 as both heavy demand and no new engine plant open. ( reason mainly being JLR decided to change the size of the plant when build was already under way i was told ) and then wonder why it's running behind , then announce to other countries it's open in January ! Some of this is open press some is from dealers who i know tell the truth and no BS.

it has nothing to do with dealer allocation either, the dealers cannot get cars that cannot be made for the UK market. 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #421885 Mon Apr 21 2014 7:59pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I thought the new engine plant was going to make the 4 cylinder diesels for the Freelander and Evoque to start with. The 5.0 SC engine is made by Ford in Bridgend (albeit with an LR person leaning on a broom keeping a "close" eye on proceedings) while the SDV6 and SDV8 engines are made in Mexico.

The UK market is being starved of product - as the sales statistics demonstrate with a reduction in sales here in the UK - and if you want anything other than SDV6, you're in for an ever longer wait. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #421888 Mon Apr 21 2014 8:52pm
essexrover

United Kingdom 

essexrover wrote:
so after a long wait, i have got my build date for 20th of May which is good news. I did complain to LR headquarters but unfortunately they couldn't do anything to bring the date back, They did send me a huge food hamper to apologise which was a very nice gesture. Anyway should have my car in June which makes me happy.

anybody know how long it takes from build date to delivery date on average?

Post #424002 Sun May 11 2014 10:12pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Couple of weeks to the dealer then it depends on how long they take to prep, PDI and put the swirl marks on by careless washing. 

Post #424007 Mon May 12 2014 5:50am
Chrisr1806

England 

Mine took 4 days. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #424014 Mon May 12 2014 7:44am
essexrover

United Kingdom 

thanks guys, just eager to get it!

Post #424094 Mon May 12 2014 8:46pm
essexrover

United Kingdom 

well after a long ten month wait, its finally here. Picking up my RRS later this week. the longest I have ever waited, i hope its worth it!

Post #425761 Fri May 30 2014 8:31pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it. Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #425768 Fri May 30 2014 9:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123