RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Other Site Sponsors > D3/ D4 /RRS 05 to 2013 models Calais / Belgium / Luxembourg
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 
D3/ D4 /RRS 05 to 2013 models Calais / Belgium / Luxembourg

I'll be going to Belgium on THURSDAY 5th JUNE and will have time to stop off to do some updates.

Discovery 3, Discovery 4, RRS all years up to the new RRS

D4 and 2010-13 RRS timed park heater is very popular. Either in just timed version or in remote control version (I'd need to know ASAP if you want the remote version)

pictures to show the software updates that are of most interest to Pre MY07 D3/RRS Owners.

This should be familiar to you, its the Standard Dashboard

Click image to enlarge

Clock On The Dashboard/Lights On indicator
After Clock On The Dash is ENABLED - LOOK a Clock you can see! (Why LR didnt do this in the first place I have no idea.....)
This is shown with the Lights switched OFF

Click image to enlarge

This is shown with the lights switched ON so you can now tell if your lights are on or off.

Click image to enlarge

And a close up. As you can see, the "Lights On" indicator is in fact the old (No longer used) Fuel Burning Heater indicator and is pale Red.

Click image to enlarge

Three Flash Indicators
Three Flash Indicators can't really be shown (other than in a vid perhaps) but it is when you tap the indicator and the indicators then flash three times and self cancel. Makes it easy work on motorways etc for changing lanes without you having to remember to switch it off

4x4 Info Screen/Off Road Nav
(Pic to come) Standard on UK HSE Models, this enables you to see the 4x4 Info Display Screen which also enables the Off Road SatNav mode.

Gearbox Reset/Recalibration
This resets your adaptive gearbox back to factory values (it remembers how you drive) it will also recalibrate the Transfer box, combined together, it often results in a smoother drive and has been known to help resolve symptoms of some gearbox juddering. This is not always guaranteed as there can be many causes of this symptom, but this is certainly one of the cheaper options to try first.

Sat Nav On The Move
This is a long update (90 minutes) but is very very popular as it is incredibly frustrating to have to keep stopping to change your destination. This update allows you or your passenger Wink to make any changes to your satnav destination whilst driving. Instead of seeing the greyed out screen, you will see this....

Click image to enlarge

To prove it works when driving...
Click image to enlarge

(Pic from RRS, but D3 the same) Thumbs Up

PhoneBook over Blutooth Update
This updates your standard factory Fit D3/RRS Blutooth module to enable you to select your phonebook contacts from the screen of your radio display. It also fixes issues with iphone etc where you have to enter the 2121 code in each time you want to connect.

service reminder reset
This resets your service message. some independants are not able to reset your servcie indicator after they have changed oil etc. this can be reset for another year.

Read/Reset Fault Codes
Can also Read and reset All fault Codes and provide you with an e-mailed list of any that come up if needed. This could save you a more expensive trip to a dealers.

Another popular one is to purge and test the Fuel Burning Heater so that it makes sure it works ready for the winter and update other modules as needed.

If you would like any of these updates, then please feel free to PM or e-mail me. It helps if you can include your Mobile number, postcode, model year and what updates you would like to have done. Thumbs Up

Cheers

Ian Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #425758 Fri May 30 2014 9:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1