RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Delayed Order!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

V8V Man

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Baltic Blue
Delayed Order!

Found out yesterday that my order placed for a RRS ABG V6 in January with a planned delivery in June has now been slipped to November owing to insufficient build slots! Extremely disappointed to say the least!

Seen elsewhere here that this seems to be growing trend! MY2014 RRS Autobiography in Corris Grey, Black contrast roof and Cirrus interior, adaptive lights and side steps.

Gone - 2011 RRS HSE TDV6 Baltic Blue, Ivory/Ebony contrast stitching, Side steps, paddles, iPod/IPhone lead (works just fine with iPhone4), Adaptive lights

2011 Aston Martin V12 Vantage - Carbon Black Edition

Post #423795 Fri May 09 2014 7:15pm
Chunky77

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Paid my deposit in November 13 and was given a delivery date for June 14. I chased up dealer couple of months ago and was told it had slipped in to July, which to be honest suited me for personnel reasons. Spoke to them again last week to get a bit more of a specific date and after chasing them over a couple of days they finally came back and said they were waiting for delivery slots for July, August and September! So still no wiser!

Post #423801 Fri May 09 2014 8:18pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

My dealer called yesterday and offered a build slot for an AB SC which surprised me. August build which would deliver while I am away and right before the summer shutdown and (I assume) the introduction of MY2015, so I am waiting to get the first new year car. Also beginning to wonder whether a Firenze red RRS is just a bit too much red after seeing one at the RHS show in Malvern.

It's clear there's a lot of tension between the UK dealers and LR over lack of supply and LR's hope is to clear the existing order backlog (as of now, May) by the end of the year. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #423825 Sat May 10 2014 7:17am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

So when did they say you'll get the MY15 car? This year?

We saw a Firenze Red car parked close to a Chile Red one, and all of the people with me thought the latter was a nicer colour on the Sport. But they aren't paying for it. You are. 

Post #423831 Sat May 10 2014 8:48am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

No information on when a MY 2015 car would be available. Evidently, the allocation process works differently for the AB SC in that there is no order pool, the dealers only get to hear when there is a specific build slot available and offered to them by LR. How those rare-as-hens-teeth slots are allocated between dealers is anyone's guess but the salesman reiterated that only 1% of RRS are AB SC and in a dark reference to horrendous depreciation, he said that I should buy the car because I want one to keep and not for any investment or resale potential...

If the pool of new buyers is as small as it is, I can imagine the market for used cars is next to non-existent because most people who are minded to have one will throw caution to the wind and buy a new one.

As for colour, I was quite taken with a silver/black one I saw and tailed on the M40. Mark

Post #423855 Sat May 10 2014 3:31pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mark, if the supply is so limited, why not take a MY14+ Question You are always going to be chasing the next years numbers and i can't see the 2015 model going to be much different to the 2014. Confused Sounds like your dealer has done everything he can to keep your custom even though you thought there was no chance of getting one this year Shocked And all you have done now is probably put yourself to the bottom of his priority list of customers. Whistle

Post #423861 Sat May 10 2014 4:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

The car has had 3 versions so far 14, 14.25, 14.5 so we can hope it will now settle to one revision per model year. Since the planned build will be right at the end of the model year, it makes sense to see what MY15 has. Dealer has a number of people waiting and is happy for me to pass. I've even decided against the Macan after driving it on Monday. Potent competition for the Evoque, less so for the RRS.

Dealer has no info on any changes to the car for the new model year. If it follows the Evoque, it will have InControl (or some elements of it) as standard and the head up display. No word on the much needed revision to the infotainment system. Mark

Post #423863 Sat May 10 2014 4:26pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

But there is always going to be subtle updates to every model, at what point do you sign on the dotted line?

Post #423866 Sat May 10 2014 4:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1