Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > It's a question of Colour
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Andrew R

Wales 
It's a question of Colour

Hi all,

I have a TDV6 on order which is due for build early December. My initial choice of colour (before ordering) was the Zambezi Silver however when I viewed it in the flesh I felt it was too light and could in certain lights look almost white. I ended up ordering a Bonatti Grey which I must admit looks really nice. My only problem with the grey is that I think it is a bit too colour co-ordinated and I know that after a short while I would end up swapping the front and side grills for the supercharged versions to provide a contrast.

I have noticed that three new colours have been introduced and thought initially that these would not be available until next year. They are now showing up on the website and given that the New Zermatt Silver looks a couple of shades darker I am interested again.

A couple of questions has anyone seen the Zermatt Silver, is it already available on the full Range Rover ? Does anyone have any pics ? Does anyone know if it is available immediately hence I could change my order as build hasn't started ?

cheers
Andrew

Post #4130 Fri Oct 28 2005 7:50am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I enquired about this new colour for mine, however was told they were not due to be released until December.

Here's the link to the thread where we talked about it before. And no, I've not been able to see a car in the flesh to compare it to Zambezi.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.p...ht=zermatt L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4133 Fri Oct 28 2005 8:14am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Personally, I prefer the colour coordination of the Bonatti grey and the plastic grill, handles etc. See http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...&pos=5
I would normally be one for adding extras and I was expecting to upgrade to a supercharged grill and vents. However, I do think the grey now looks better with the standard plastic. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4141 Fri Oct 28 2005 8:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Personally I do like the Bonnati Grey. Would have been my second choice.
I think its original and fresh!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #4145 Fri Oct 28 2005 9:00am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I originally ordered Bonatti, however when I saw it in the flesh on the Sport I went off it, I personally didn't like the fact the plastic work jsust seemed to disappear into the paint, I like those touches of contrast, and against the silver, they stand out nicely. I also disliked the way it looked in the sunlight, it sort of went a bronzey shade. See my pic below for an example of what I mean.

However, I LOVE Bonatti and think it looks awesome on the full size RR.

Sorry about picture size, was on large Rez at the time! Laughing

L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4146 Fri Oct 28 2005 9:03am
Andrew R

Wales 

Thanks guys I guess it all comes down to personal taste......I notice that on the LR website the Zermatt Silver is available on all models not just the sport so with a bit of luck the dealer will have something in stock that i can take a look at. I have had a few doubts about the Bonatti myself but I did not want to go for black.....my current car is black. I like the contrasts as well so I know I would do the grille thing given the choice.

Will let you know the decision.......

Post #4149 Fri Oct 28 2005 9:17am
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Guys,
Any pics of Bonatti Grey with supercharged side/front grills and stormer wheels..I believe that with bonnattin the plastic work just disappear into the paint as RRUK said so I would prefare Java black , oh buckingham blue any one has it? i wish to see the supercharged one.. : Question

Post #4153 Fri Oct 28 2005 10:14am
Biggles

England 

Saw A Bonnati grey in the flesh out on the roads a whhile back, IMO it is the next best colour to Java Black. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #4154 Fri Oct 28 2005 10:25am
smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I have a Bonatti grey TDV6 HSE on order (due at the end of the month) after much deliberation on deciding between java black and the b/grey. The black does look stunning ** when ** it's clean and shiny IMO. However I'm not going to be able to wash it everyday ! and all the RRS I've seen on my commute round the M25 each day have been black... so wanted to go for something a bit different.

I know what you mean about the grey grille work/vents fading into the paintwork, so I'm going to see how it looks when I have picked up the car. If it's too similar (ie. no contrast) I'll probably upgrade to the SC silver grille. It would be good to see a photo of this beforehand though ...

Post #4238 Sun Oct 30 2005 9:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1