RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > NAV-TV Module..not quite there yet!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
NAV-TV Module..not quite there yet!

I’ve had the NAV-TV module fitted to bypass the movement sensors so that my passenger can adjust the GPS without the car having to be stationary.

When the unit was delivered, it was all a bit of a mess with the wrong fitting instructions, missing parts etc and after 5 hours of installatin time, I said enough.

The DVD (factory fitted) movement sensor is now bypassed (which I was never really interested in as I think that watching a film on the screen whilst moving is asking for trouble) but the primary function of being able to work the GPS whilst on the move still evades my passenger.

So, I’ve now had the car stripped down for no reason, extra wiring installed and am able to watch a DVD on the move…what a waste of time!

It will be interesting to see if a fix is available, but I won’t hold my breath.

Watch this space.

Post #4212 Sat Oct 29 2005 6:22pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

You must have dealt with a misinformed Nav-TV dealer, and an inexperienced one if it took him 5 hours to instal the upgrade. My dealer did it in less than 2, in the parking lot at my office. If GPS programming while driving was what you were promised you are right to be upset and should ask for your money back, or at least a good chunk of it. In fairness to Nav-TV however, neither they nor several local dealers I contacted here in the US ever claimed their system would bypass the GPS movemet sensor. DVD/RSE and GPS use completely separate modules and movement sensors, and the solution to bypass the one built into the GPS is not yet available I'm afraid. I don't think Nav-TV is working on it, either,

I also agree with you that front video playback while in motion is dangerous for the driver, although it can be nice for the front passenger (as you probably noticed, video quality is pretty good on the front monitor, although darker and not as sharp as the rear headrest LCDs). Furthermore, on US-spec Sports front video playback is disabled even while stationary or parked, so for me the Nav-TV was a worthwhile - albeit expensive - hack. I do hope they follow up on their promise to offer iPod and rear backup camera integration in their system in the near future, both features I would definitely consider adding if/when they become available.

I also wish someoe came up with a way to allow for GPS programming while in motion, but I knew all along Nav-TV would not be it. 

Post #4214 Sat Oct 29 2005 7:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1