RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > 12 Month wait and now this!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Terryrrs

United Kingdom 

Was it dealers fault or factory at fault. If you reject the car the dealer will be able to sell it on quite quickly and you will have to wait for a replacement and if it was the dealers fault then they should bare the cost of your loss, however if the dealer is also the innocent party then Land Rover should. At the end of the day I expect it will all boil down to how good a customer you are. Most of the contracts you sign always have a get out of jail free card for dealer and manufacturer. I really hope they do the decent thing and loan you one until yours arrive with the correct spec.

Post #420762 Wed Apr 09 2014 2:23pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

It was the dealers fault, they put the wrong code into the system.
The seats are almond instead of espresso, don't look too bad, dealer has offered me £1000 off which is not to bad. 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #420786 Wed Apr 09 2014 5:41pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

Mine came in wrong as well. I ordered a contrast roof but it wasn't on it when it arrived.
Offered me the service pack by way of compensation which I was happy with.
I think the £1000 is fair, especially if you don't mind the interior.

After having the car a few days I bet you won't give it a second thought..................the car is fantastic and you can go away for a nice weekend on Landrover!

Post #420788 Wed Apr 09 2014 5:55pm
Dazzler

United Kingdom 

Having worked for BMW in sales for a number of years, I think by accepting £1k you are letting them off lightly. I'm guessing your car is around the 65k mark ?. At that price the dealers probably have in excess of 5k profit still in the car!!! The mistake is theirs and not yours, I would push them a lot further before I accepted a car I didn't want, it would have to be a no brainer !!! A dealer of our friends were ready to deliver his new Évoque however the salesman realised after registration, Pdi and valet that it was a Manual and not the auto he had ordered!! They gave him £1500 off, service pack, tow bar, electric cool box, stood the price of p/x for a further 3 months and replaced the car !!

There is a lot more grovelling for them to do just yet before I would accept !!!! If you think you can live with the colour go for it, but make the dealers pay a lot more than 1k for your inconvenience.
Are you speaking to the dealerships general manager yet ? If not I'd escalate it to that level, they are normally the people who will make the decisions..... Good customer care sometimes comes at a price.

Best of luck Thumbs Up 3.0 SDV6 HSE Fuji White, Ebony / Lunar Dark Grey Oak,22" Alloys, Red Brake Callipers, Panoramic Roof in Contrast Black, Heated Steering Wheel, Full Size Spare, Privacy Glass & Fixed Side Steps

Going - 2011 3.0 TDV6 HSE Luxury, Fuji White, Ebony Leather with contrast stitching, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Privacy Glass, Side Steps, heated steering Wheel, Tv

Post #420789 Wed Apr 09 2014 6:19pm
Terryrrs

United Kingdom 

I think I would ask for some goodies as well mats(carpets) and boot protector and perhaps a free service. Personally I prefer the lighter interior go for it and enjoy your new toy..

Post #420792 Wed Apr 09 2014 7:16pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

is it just the leather colour that is wrong or is the trim all wrong as well if you were to change all the covers....

if its just covers..... I would let them replace them.... I would only accept what I ordered... and get a courtesy car....
Try for a couple goodies as well for the inconvenience....

I certainly wouldn´t order a brand new car... wait twelve months to then accept a compromise and a measly 1k 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #420795 Wed Apr 09 2014 7:36pm
simonsti

Click image to enlarge

Awesome. 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #421309 Mon Apr 14 2014 7:49pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Glad you finally got it! Is the interior being changed?

What do you think of it? Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #421310 Mon Apr 14 2014 7:51pm
simonsti

Not changing interior, it looks nice, it's just that it might get dirty.

The car is absolutely amazing, love the looks and the colour, it pulls really hard with out really trying and the interior is real luxury. I really can't see why anybody would choose an X5 or a D4 over one of these! 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6

Post #421338 Mon Apr 14 2014 10:19pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

Like that colour a lot.
Congrats. Good that you decided to keep it. I bet you wont even think about the interior colour in a couple of weeks.
My car was meant to have contrast roof but came in without and I don't give it a second thought now Thumbs Up

Post #421391 Tue Apr 15 2014 4:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12