RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Rear parking sensor problem on 2010 autobiography conversion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Grimps42

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Rimini Red
Rear parking sensor problem on 2010 autobiography conversion

Hi all,

I am now starting a 2010 autobiography conversion to my 2005 RRS SC I have purchased all the rear bumper bits (bumper,new parking sensors, parking loom for conversion). I have done some pre installation checks in that I have removed n/s rear light and connected new loom to car then connected 4 new sensors to loom. Turned ignition on applied reverse to car then I get a continuous sound however when I approach sensors individually they beep as they should but the continuous sound is also on? I have tried swapping out the parking aid module for the newer one Sam problem has anyone had a problem? My car is an early 2005 any help really appreciated

Martin

Post #421010 Sat Apr 12 2014 6:55am
PEACHY

England 

Very Happy This is a common problem - have you tried taping the loom & sensors to something that resembles the bumper set up - ( broom handle ) get somebody to hold it at the correct height then retry your checks.
The sensors are very temperamental Big Cry your not the first person who has tried the pre-fitting checks & had issues Big Cry If you need any help - let me know I`ve done mine & helped a few others. Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #421013 Sat Apr 12 2014 8:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Grimps42

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Rimini Red

Thanks peachy good advice all sorted the first test I had the sensor taped but pointing down slightly that was enough to pick up the ground, re done pointing pdc higher no fine!

Post #421096 Sat Apr 12 2014 9:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1