RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Land rover main dealer prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mattjhunt

England 
Land rover main dealer prices

Anyone got any tips dealing with main LR dealers for initial purpchse? After a RRS and wondered how flexible these screen prices are on second hand cars. Any experience out there of getting a chunk off? I want to buy from LR for peace of mind and warranty but their prices are soooo high. Thanks.

Post #418088 Mon Mar 17 2014 6:05pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

In my experience Stratstone never reduce price as they claim the price is lowest in area - to be fair it usually is but once they have your money don't expect a lot of support Sad

Smaller independent dealers usually offer discounts depending on how long they have had the vehicle and interest Confused

Try contacting James http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/member-jamestee.html or Jeremy http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/member-jeremy-hadley-green-lr.html at sponsors Hadley green as they are highly recommended on here and may do you a good deal Bow down

Buying from franchised dealer does offer best support and warranty in my experience - worth a lot when you see the cost of repairs on these Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #418092 Mon Mar 17 2014 6:47pm
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

I agree with muddy that Stratstones won't budge on price but I was at several dealers last week/weekend and I found that other dealers would move a bit and will certainly give mats, mudflaps, road tax etc. These add up to quite a lot of money and I am not talking about getting stuff you don't need but not needing to pay for them on top of the car price. Be clear with them!

Post #418098 Mon Mar 17 2014 7:39pm
Jens0n

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

As with the above but also look at using finance as an option.
Chances are dealers will get kick back from finance companies and can share part of this towards cost of vehicle.

Also look at https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk
This can be your friend with insight to how long the cars been in stock, maybe a discount will be in order on cars that have seen a little forecourt time.

Good luck, be patient and hopefully the right car will come along..

J

Post #418110 Mon Mar 17 2014 8:10pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Happy to help a forum member with the best deal we can do.

We've taken in quite a few RRS in part-exchange therefore there's a pretty good choice at the moment.

Drop Jeremy a line at forum@hadleygreen.co.uk and let him know what spec/price you are looking for. We've not got everything on-line yet as our workshop are gradually getting through carrying out the quality checks etc, but some are on Hadleygreen.co.uk.

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #418115 Mon Mar 17 2014 9:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Red One

United Kingdom 

It also depends what they have to add to the car to sell it, such as a warranty. Looking on the LR approved used page on the website does shown quite a range of prices and some parts of the country do seem lower prices than others.
What RRS are you looking for, I am part exchanging my MY12 HSE into my local dealer and I expect they will put it up for £42k as it needs nothing doing to it, low miles, warranty to end of June 2015 and they know it will sell quickly. If you are interested in mine, send me a PM and I'll let you have further details, but you would save a few £'s on the dealer price. Thumbs Up

Post #418120 Mon Mar 17 2014 9:15pm
Jeremy @ Grange Barnet LR

I've got your car!! We have just taken in the rarest of the rare - a TDV8 HST!! Cool

Awesome awesome vehicle, it's currently waiting to go through the workshop but is ready to come and see and fall in love with Wink

I know a couple of the guys have people due in to test drive it this weekend - drop me an email forum@hadleygreen.co.uk or Jeremy.jackson@hadleygreen.co.uk and we'll see what we can do for you Thumbs Up

Post #418139 Mon Mar 17 2014 10:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1