RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > mpwox11 - My Bonatti Grey TDV6 SE - pics posted now
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
mpwox11 - My Bonatti Grey TDV6 SE - pics posted now

Bonatti grey TDV6 SE with aplaca leather and cherry wood with the following extras:

sat nav
front parking sensors
tow pack

and since added:

privacy glass (fitted by Land Rover dealer)
rubber mat footwell set
front & rear mudflaps

Will soon be adding roof rails and crossbars. Anyone got these yet?

Our privacy glass was fitted by Pentagon (supposedly) at the Land Rover dealer. We purchased their demo car as it was the colour and (almost the) spec that we wanted and therefore didn't have to wait. It didn't have the privacy glass, so this was fitted for us. We didn't want the £2,000 sat nav (as I already have Traffic Master's SmartNav which is better), so after our negotiations, I only ended up effectively paying about £300 for this.

The car was seven weeks old and had done 3,000 miles. They would initially only sale at the full list price. We ended up getting it at £1,700 below list. But then I got caught out slightly as it only had the remainder of six months tax, rather than 12 months. However, there is another local garage (not a main dealer) here, selling import Range Rover Sports at £1,000 more than list price. Their argument is that you can take it away within days, saving the wait. Overall, I think we got a fair deal. I wasn't keen on getting an import model. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1318 Sun Jul 31 2005 10:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

Mines damaged too now!

Wife hit a metal gate while driving through an enterance. The rear wheel arch has been scraped and there are minor dents and scrapes along the edge of the rear door too. See pics in my gallery at http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=88
It doesn't look much in the pics, but the wheel arch edge has been pushed in by around 4mm and there are small dents almost half way down the edge of the door panel. Also the door handle has been scraped.

I've just been to the Chips Away website (www.chipsaway.co.uk) and requested a quote. I assume these guys are best to deal with this sort of damage. Anyone here used them or have any recommendations of who else to use? Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #3629 Wed Oct 19 2005 10:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Ouch! Sorry to see that, mpwox11! Crying or Very sad It's doesn't look *too* bad from the photos, hopefully the ChipsAway bloke will be able to sort it for you.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3632 Wed Oct 19 2005 10:32pm
Biggles

England 

Ouch,
Now that would cause our house to have a few days quiet after the storm Laughing Laughing Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #3642 Thu Oct 20 2005 8:43am
d3matt

It did! Evil or Very Mad
She wants a Mini now or something small that is easier to park! Matt

Post #3645 Thu Oct 20 2005 8:57am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I'm sure that your good lady was mortified................... hope you didn't shout but managed to bite your tongue. Maybe a couple of weeks with a push bike, then a Smart car rather than a mini, might be suitable recompense! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #3646 Thu Oct 20 2005 9:08am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Ouch , I know how you must be feeling. I remeber picking up one of my new Audis ( 2.7 bi turbo avant A6 ) not had it long when my wife reveresd into/onto small building housing a gas metre that had a steal lid on it... believe me it made a mess Crying or Very sad . Then there was her TT and its my turn - pulling out of parent drive & a cyclist on the pavement went straight into the wing and over the bonnet ......... not my fault .. but I was at the wheel. Unbelievably having just got it repaired at local body/paint shop ( week later ) the same thing happened again Shocked Shocked different cyclist & this time my wife was driving so I made her eat humble pie Wink Took it back to the repairer & boy did they find it funny Sad

Still it does make you a bit more relaxed/calm about these things. ie. accept it - accidents do happen. Worse things happen at sea ( ask TIM ) Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3657 Thu Oct 20 2005 9:52am
d3matt

ChipsAway repair quote

Had the ChipsAway guy over this morning to look at my wifes handy work on the rear wheel arch. Has quoted £125+VAT to respray the wheel arch lip. He's doing it at the end of the week, so I'll let you know the outcome. Matt

Post #3876 Mon Oct 24 2005 2:43pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

If you can post a pic or two of his work that would be helpful to the masses.

Thanks L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3884 Mon Oct 24 2005 3:54pm
d3matt

ChipsAway repair job done

The local ChipsAway guy has resprayed the rear wheal arch today. Made a very good job off it. He was here about 3.5 hours. He rubbed down the rear wheel arch edge, primed it , painted it and blended it into the rest of the wing. Did it outside on our drive and erected a large canopy and which we parked the car under.
He didn't remove any dents or fill them. I agree that it was better to leave it as the dents are minor and it wasn't worth risking splitting the paint. He therefore painted the the rear wing and just polished out the scratches on the door edge. You wouldn't now notice it now.
It looks a good job. I will be able see better tomorrow in full light, as it's a dull day today and getting dark. See the before and after at http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=88
Price was £131 include VAT (and 10% discount to AA members). Matt

Post #4177 Fri Oct 28 2005 3:57pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Cheered you up just in time for the weekend Very Happy 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4178 Fri Oct 28 2005 4:10pm
d3matt

Sort off. Didn't want to spend £131 to be cheared up though. Matt

Post #4181 Fri Oct 28 2005 4:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1