RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Hybrid!? Gone already?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tslevin

United Kingdom 

Renaco wrote:
Thats shocking. Orderd mine in October and they wanted deliver between April and June.
And now this..., my Garage told me one week ago they assume June...

Not very Professional from LR, especially for us who ordered already, they have to communicate this at the LR HP and also the configuration has to be available as a customer Service.

Its my 5th Range, but seems a customer is now just a number, dissapointing.

Best, René

There is a very big assumption here. I've been on waiting lists for many vehicles but that is not a guarantee. If you have a solid confirmed order then I would understand your annoyance but I don't think that could possibly be the case. Plus I would be willing to bet that the dealership would have been told of this long before now so I would be more annoyed at your dealer for not getting in touch as I'm assuming they have your deposit?

Post #416462 Tue Mar 04 2014 9:54am
Renaco

Germany 

I ordered the hybrid in September, signed the contract in October, they simply configured as an RRS DYNAMIC with extra HYBRID Package upprice 9.900 EUR.

I know this was early for the hybrid, but LR told my Dealer they will deliver from March if Place deposit/Order in October.
And last week my Dealer still wasnt informed that they move to MY15.

No excuses for delay, this Hybrid System is Plug and Play from ZF, exactly the same System is working in Tuareg/Cayenne since 2010. For LR its just updated with a newer battery and a new setup for the Diesel.
I drove it in the cayenne and its fantastic..., but i want my RRS and in the meantime my MY2012 is still fine.

Best,
René

Post #416587 Tue Mar 04 2014 8:22pm
Tslevin

United Kingdom 

Not wishing to doubt you, but when an actual order is placed the way the land rover system works, it has a slot and you have a build date confirmed. This would not have been possible in September or even October. I currently have my name down for an f-type coupe, but it's not an order it's basically a pre-order, a promise from the dealership that I will be the first in the queue when they have their allocations confirmed for builds and place my order. If suddenly the f-type coupe got pushed back to next year, it would be my choice to wait or cancel that but not the fault of the manufacturers that even without an official order and build date that up to now I have been quite happy to wait. I may not go ahead but as the dealer will call me prior to putting it in as we agreed, i feel the deposit I paid them is worth it and if I chose to change my mind before they put it in I get my deposit back in full.

I don't know about the ZF bit and it being plug and play, if you say it is I won't argue as I can honestly say I have no knowledge about the exact ins and outs of the system. Although considering the wait times on RR and RRS at the moment to me I understand their desire to fulfil current demand and orders before adding the hybrid and generating more of a backlog. So I would be inclined to think that it is more likely the case than the silly childish conspiracy theories that the same people who complain about wait times on current orders then come up with when a decision is made to keep them priority.

Post #416607 Tue Mar 04 2014 10:00pm
Renaco

Germany 

Maybe thats it.

For now i can only wait, and thats it what LR want me to do... (+quickly paying once arrived. Wink

Best René

Post #416613 Tue Mar 04 2014 10:09pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I certainly buy the idea of them dropping the SE to free up production slots but with LR's green credentials hanging on the hydrid and after all the ballyhoo of one getting to India, you'd think they'd want to get it to market ASAP. That's why I think it's not ready. It may use a series of well integrated components from ZF but there's still integration with the car's other systems to be done not to mention being able to make the thing. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #416648 Wed Mar 05 2014 8:50am
Senna

2010 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I've always been worried about hybrids. I'm with Mark on this. The sheer complexity of integration scares the hell out of me. Ticking time bomb which will most likely explode just after the warranty expires. Current...
Just Landed....MY2014.5 Mariana Black HSE Dynamic with tons of toys
MY2014 Evoque Si4 Dynamic Santorini black with toys galore
2010 Porsche Carrera 2S (997.2) Basalt black with PDK

On Order: Porsche Macan S Diesel...eta March 2015

Previous
2010 RRS HSE Santorini black (super reliable and will be missed)
3 x Boring Audi's, Q7, TT, A4 Cab (yawn)

Post #416656 Wed Mar 05 2014 9:30am
Terryrrs

United Kingdom 

This is very tongue in cheek. I was under the impression that Land Rover are the greenest car manufacturer on the planet. The cars spend more time in the workshop than on the road Rolling with laughter I do question how green is battery production and disposal.
Terry

Post #416658 Wed Mar 05 2014 9:43am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Lithium is a rather rare element and it's doubtful there's enough in the world to put batteries of the size required in every car. Lithium batteries are very recyclable but that doesn't mean the batteries will ever be cheap. The cost of an exchange battery pack of the RRS will be epic and this will have knock-on effects on resale values. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #416713 Wed Mar 05 2014 4:09pm
robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mark_N wrote:
I certainly buy the idea of them dropping the SE to free up production slots but with LR's green credentials hanging on the hydrid and after all the ballyhoo of one getting to India, you'd think they'd want to get it to market ASAP. That's why I think it's not ready. It may use a series of well integrated components from ZF but there's still integration with the car's other systems to be done not to mention being able to make the thing.
. Why drop the se what production slots are being filled

Post #416740 Wed Mar 05 2014 7:45pm
robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

RRSTDV8 wrote:
codfather wrote:
Pete@LandRover wrote:
We have been forced to re-balance production in line with demand for all derivatives.

Pete

Will the UK ever see the return of the SE in 2015?yes once the euphoria has calmed down otherwise the competition will clean up my se still on order with a June delivery ( hopefully ?) my first sport was a se and then I bought a 2013 black edition with loads of toys and to be honest I don't use most of them well not after the first week
Seriously disappointed that the entry level RRS is no longer available , I like many others would rather have an SE and spec it up with things that I will use and keep my personal tax to a sensible level. If not I will be looking elsewhere next year

Cheers
Dave

Indeed so. The SE should also have the off- and on/off- road option packs. The idea that the cheapest RRS won't go off road but the more expensive ones will is frankly idiotic. It's obvious that LR know that the sweet spot for the RRS is SE with some kit and full capability. But the Disco is also available in high-range only now so perhaps that's where the future lies: a 9-speed gearbox with 1st so short that it gives a low range effect.

Post #416741 Wed Mar 05 2014 7:50pm
vicmoto

Spain 

Mark_N wrote:
Lithium is a rather rare element and it's doubtful there's enough in the world to put batteries of the size required in every car.

Dear Mark_N
I disagree with your assessment about lithium availability. Even with the growing use of lithium in electronics and other industrial areas there is enough lithium for a couple of generations.... I agree in that lithium prices have increased during the last few years but this is a just a matter of the old offer/demand game. I believe that JLR strategy about the hybrid is not related to this.
Cheers Wink

Post #416800 Thu Mar 06 2014 8:35am
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

philmw wrote:
"Will the UK ever see the return of the SE in 2015?"

Which way are you going to vote then? Very Happy

Ha Ha, I am British, but also a very proud Scot, I see no reason to leave the union!

Although with most countries outside the uk being supplied with land rovers (pre taxes) cheaper than here, it might be a good reason to vote yes!

Edit. Just looked up the starting price in USA , £37000!!!

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #417165 Sun Mar 09 2014 10:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12