RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2014rrs SE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

robot

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
2014rrs SE

Hi everyone new to the forum , I ordered a 2014se for march delivery I was tot day couple of weeks ago that lr are not going into production with the se , however it is now the case they are honouring all orders placed before jan 31 I ordered mine in October I am now told delivery is expected June , just wondering if anyone has any knowledge as to why lr have dropped it and should I switch the order to a hse ? Thanks My current car is a 2013 black edition and to be honest a really don't need all the toys except maybe the park heat which is very good Rolling Eyes

Post #414659 Wed Feb 19 2014 9:00pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

If you ordered an SE and they are honouring the order to provide an SE, why change? I assume they dropped it to reposition the market here in the UK and through lack of demand. By many accounts the HSE is the sweet spot for the Sport. 

Post #414674 Wed Feb 19 2014 9:36pm
vicmoto

Spain 

My dealer keeps telling me one week after the other that I'll get my build date soon... This has gone like this for a couple of months already. I ordered a SE back in October, I hope they'll honor my order. I asked my dealer to upgrade to HSE insofar as I could keep the TDV6 engine and the date. He said that in such a case I'd have to go to the back of the line again... I maintain the SE order but the endless delays together with this new policy look worrying...
Evil or Very Mad

Post #414760 Thu Feb 20 2014 12:08pm
robot

Yeh when I considered changing to a hse I was told I would have to go to the back of the queue , so before I totally cancel my order I am going to look at a ml on Saturday getting a bit fed up with lr wondering how many are going to china having to wait 8 months for a car is ridiculous

Post #414893 Thu Feb 20 2014 10:15pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Why wait...there's a reasonable choice on the likes of Autotrader, some from main dealers.
I purchased my AB last October, at list. It was sitting in the showroom, but the dealer replaced it with another RRS en route. There's no need to wait, unless you have very particular specifications.

Post #414906 Thu Feb 20 2014 11:09pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I too placed an order for a TDV6 SE on deadline day ie 31st Jan because I wanted to keep my options open. I was shown a memo from L-R to dealers which stated that they weren't going to produce SEs because of demand for other models. I have since reluctantly decided to upgrade to a SDV6 HSE because I feel an early TDV6 SE could be a bit of an orphan in the secondhand market in 2-3yrs time when I come to sell it because there will be so few about. I must admit that I do feel a bit disgruntled about this because I would have preferred to have made a more considered decision between both models. I also wonder whether L-R's strategy is sound too. With a range starting at £60k they're going to be losing a lot of sales to the X5/ML/Cayenne whereas I suspect that quite a few high spec RRS sales will be at the expense of FFRR sales so in effect L-R could be shooting themselves in the foot. Still, what do I know? They seem to be selling everything they can make

Post #415489 Tue Feb 25 2014 5:56pm
rigsby

England 

There is a new shape in the for sale section from Jeremy at Hadley Green Land Rover if you don't want to wait Thumbs Up MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #415492 Tue Feb 25 2014 6:19pm
robot

I now have the quotes for both the se and hse on pcp there is not a pro rata. Difference on the Gfv which leads me to believe lr has targeted the list price on the se to low which will allow for a increase with the hybrid !!!!

Post #415515 Tue Feb 25 2014 8:54pm
vicmoto

Spain 
At last!

Well, I finally got a build date for my SE. I'd have preferred an HSE but JLR did not offer the TDV6 with that engine.
The SE is not discontinued in the continent just in UK. In some markets (eg. Spain) they even offer the S model, without Navigation, leather, etc... They also offer the TDV6 HSE by the way.

I understand the reason why SE is discontinued in UK. Car makers make the big money in options (like restaurants with wine and desserts). Margins are better the higher you go with specs. Why selling cheap if people is ready to pay more? In a couple of years when new models from the competence will hit the market and the waiting list will dissapear they will come back to cheaper specs to attrack those customers they don't want today.

We customers sometimes establish a "romantic" relation with our cars. For the car makers it is just Business.

Post #415544 Wed Feb 26 2014 6:32am
TIAB

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

I like the SE proposition. If someone would like to pass on their slot in the queue then please do PM me.

Post #416073 Sat Mar 01 2014 6:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1