RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Deployable Side Steps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

To any subsequent owner, but not to me buying another RRS!

Should you sell your Land Rover before the expiry of the Approved Service Pack, the remaining benefits are fully transferable to any subsequent owner. This can help enhance the resale value of your vehicle and also provide the benefit of a full Land Rover Approved Service history.

Post #411845 Thu Jan 30 2014 3:15pm
Disco

United Kingdom 

Ah see what you mean now, but it could get you a better price for the one you trade in/ sell on.

Post #411847 Thu Jan 30 2014 3:43pm
Beancounter_74

England 

^^^ I think as Peanutbob says, it's transferable with the car, not the individual. Wink

Although it highly unlikely I won't have my BMW for the 5 years, I bought the service pack as I think it will pay for itself in residual value when selling/trading in the car.

Edit: you changed your text Whistle Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #411848 Thu Jan 30 2014 3:46pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

My theory is as follows:

1/ You could keep the car for 2 years/32000miles and still sell it with 1 service, so you'd save circa £350
2/ You could keep the car for 3 yrs/48000 miles and be evens stevens.The new owner buying from a LR dealer would expect to receive it serviced before delivery, so that would take it to 64000 miles in theory. So, the potential extra value for the car by having this package would be pretty minimal in this scenario
So, the value lies in those who are going to do over 48k miles and further sell it at 75k miles with free servicing all the way, or keep it for 6 years and have 5 yrs of free servicing, so long as the mileage is sub 60k.

Post #411927 Thu Jan 30 2014 11:47pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

It's a no brainer. The break-even point is less than one minor and one major service so if the car needs them during your ownership or in prepping it for re-sale, you have saved real money. Whether you can really get the dealer to meaningfully increase the p/ex offer to reflect the unexpired portion of the service plan is another matter.

For comparison, it was not available when I bought my Evoque but is now at £599. My first service was £340, the second £408 so the savings over 5 years or 60000 miles are clear to see.

Doesn't mean the maintenance costs will be zero of course. Tyres and brakes are going to be a significant cost in addition and you only need something in the fancy suspension to break unexpectedly to really spoil your day. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #411940 Fri Jan 31 2014 7:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12