RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > First Drive................
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
First Drive................

Well I popped along to a mates today who modifys Jags to Arden uber wagons. At the end of the 'for sale' line sat a new RRS Supercharged, in Silver with 20's. Had a good pour over it and my mate went off to get the keys and out we went for a long blat. It had done 2500miles so was 'run in' to the point we gave it some stick. And I have to say I've found my next car! Cool None of us had been out in one before and we both were well impressed.

It sounds great (apart from the wind noise), corners beautifully and for a great lump goes quite well. (not quite the same as the 400BHP in my XKR, but feels 'Sporty'!)

It all got a big thumbs up. Things I didn't like is the overall use of cabin materials. Too much plastic for such an expensive car, but it did not turn me off. The horrible ash tray cover should go. and the rear seats with those collapseable head rests are weird?

Asthetics aside, the only other grumble was the gear lever was too far back to use it in speedshift comfortably, and the wind noise was greater then my P38.

These are all minor points, overall I hope to get one next year!

G 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #3971 Tue Oct 25 2005 6:28pm
caporajm

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
Couple Nags

To go out what Gazzer said, there are a couple things that I don't like either. One is that with my black interior, it is impossible to see things if it's dark out. I think the interior lights are bad, and especially having one little light in the trunk, I don't know what they were thinking. In my old Grand Cherokee at least that light was in the center abover the cargo. The other gripe i have is that with the slooping rear hatch, it's tough to gage if the hatch can close when you're moving things. Two very minor things, but none the less, still something to consider for the 07's RRS S/C Special Edition, Vesuvius

Post #3975 Tue Oct 25 2005 7:32pm
MDP

United Kingdom 
Re: First Drive................

Gazzer wrote:
I've found my next car! Cool None of us had been out in one before and we both were well impressed.

It sounds great (apart from the wind noise), corners beautifully and for a great lump goes quite well. (not quite the same as the 400BHP in my XKR, but feels 'Sporty'!)

It all got a big thumbs up.
but the wind noise was greater then my P38. G

I dont appear to be getting any wind noise problems in general, however I was slightly more conscious of wind noise when for the 1st time a sat as the passenger in the car leathering it back up the motorway.

I also remember somone else suffering with the same condition & was put down to badly fitted trim on the A pillars Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4084 Thu Oct 27 2005 12:36pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thanks MDP, I was sitting in the pax seat at the time I noticed the noise!
Anyway the RRS in question is shortly to be dressed up in Arden gear in time of MPH05.

G 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #4119 Thu Oct 27 2005 5:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1