RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > The question is AB or not to AB???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

slim_sane

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
The question is AB or not to AB???

Ok I'm in the holding pool for the next set of allocations to be released to my dealer, hopefully getting a build date confirmed next month.

Current order is:
Santorini Black HSE
Panoramic Roof
Privacy Glass
Ebony/Ivory interior
825watt Meridian Sound System
8" Rear Entertainment System
5+2 Seats
Fixed Sidesteps

However, the more time I spend looking at things I'm tempted to just go for the autobiography as it comes with most of the options apart from the 7 seats and rear entertainment system. However it's a £15k difference Any thoughts??? I'm just thing residuals etc will be better for the AB, or am I crazy and should stick to the HSE???? Question Big Cry

Post #411132 Sun Jan 26 2014 1:52pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Of the options you list, the 7 seats, privacy glass, RSE, side-steps are still options on the AB. There's stuff on the AB which many will not care about like radar cruise control and keyless entry and much else besides and the only way these gadgetty options ever retain value is when they are part of the headline model name - AB - rather than being specified individually.

On that basis and since you've been quite restrained on the options list, I'd be inclined to stay where you are. The only reason I am going for the AB is to get the 5.0 SC which is only available on the AB.

Other more experienced people here may point you at some must-have options to retain value but I do not know what they are. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #411143 Sun Jan 26 2014 3:08pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Isn't keyless entry standard on the HSE? That's what I've been told. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #411146 Sun Jan 26 2014 3:30pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

I was considering upgrading to AB too,but, as Mark has pointed out to you, I would still have to order additional things to an AB spec to get what I actually wanted.
So I have (finally!) decided to stick to the HSE dynamic with the extras I have specified which still works out much less than a stock AB.
I was going to go for an HSE originally but decided the dynamic was worth opting for and, for me, better value than an AB what with the extras I wanted.
I'd stick with what you have and the extras you actually want than go for the AB Thumbs Up

Post #411148 Sun Jan 26 2014 3:38pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

The exact value of depreciation is always a factor of numerous things (not least time of year, availability etc.) and depends how long you'll keep your new car.

Young cars fall until they're competitive and saleable when compared to the 'new' price so generally the higher specced models loose value quicker and the impact of 'options' gradually reduce with age merely helping in saleability.

At the moment being a new model the MY14 cars will hold a premium for a while.

If we face facts and were driven by economics we wouldn't be driving a Sport so buy what you want because it will cost you a shed load of cash whichever way you look at it so you might as well enjoy it.

Post #411150 Sun Jan 26 2014 3:51pm
SteveK

United Kingdom 

If I'm honest the new HSE I'm driving at the moment is just fine. But I'm still sticking with the AB for April delivery. There are a couple of things I want (like the pano roof and TR2) which make it worthwhile for me. And I do think the residual on the AB will be a touch higher than an upgraded HSE with those options. Just - although I agree that buying an RRS and then worrying about the residual value is a bit pointless really!

And yes, the HSE is keyless entry.

Post #411156 Sun Jan 26 2014 4:37pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Sorry, yes, Keyless Entry is standard on the HSE.

However, there is still stuff on the AB which you may or may not want - mood lighting, armrest cooler, 3 zone climate, Alston headlining, heated steering wheel etc. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #411158 Sun Jan 26 2014 4:48pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I would ditch RSE, a very overpriced thing to have...in my opinion even if you use it a reasonable amount. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #411193 Sun Jan 26 2014 5:58pm
slim_sane

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Yeah to be honest that's there for the kids to keep them amused on the endless journeys! Thumbs Up

I agree it's a lot for what it is, but after having an aftermarket setup in my vogue i thought I'd stick to the factory fit stuff as my kit never looked that good fit wise.

Hmmm still not sure what to do, might just bite the bullet and go for the AB without the RSE, then it's pretty much there in terms of my spec, just need to add the seats, privacy glass and the steps. Oh well I have time on my hands I'll play it by ear and see what happens.

Thanks you all for your input, greatly appreciated.

Post #411258 Mon Jan 27 2014 12:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1