RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Colliers Land Rover Erdington- disppointed, not recommended.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Gekko

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Colliers Land Rover Erdington- disppointed, not recommended.

My RRS was recently serviced by Colliers in Erdington but I wouldn't recommend anyone uses them for the following reason:

I arranged for collection and return to my work premises- after the service, I received a message to say the service had been completed but that the car would not be returned until the work was fully paid for. So basically it was being held ransom. Fair enough, credit card details given. From other dealerships, I've always been requested a payment... never threatened that my car wouldn't be delivered!! Incidentally, my Dad's Disco 3 was collected by Stratstone Stourbridge and returned without taking any payment- he was advised simply to give a cheque to the driver or post one! What wasn't explained at the same time was that the wheel alignment was dodgy and that it needed looking into.... so I didn't get an opportunity to re-book this in sooner rather than later... what also wasn't apparent was that only LR could do this job. So I wasted a couple of days after reading the report in trying to find a nearby independent garage to look into this... only to be told that LR had to do it. Of course, during the festive season, no-one works (or does half-days) so the earliest now is end of next week. When I asked them to do this for a nominal discount, I was told that the fee of £150 + VAT was in fact discounted at 50% and that for a two and a half hour job, they would normally charge £300. I thought this was a joke as 3 other dealerships all happened to charge exactly the same amount... hmmm.... strange discount! Do they normally say they charge double and offer the normal price so the customer feels they're getting a great deal? "Hey, these £400 TV's are normally sold by us for £800 but you can have one for £400 at a 50% discount!"

Anyway, I've booked in at Stratstone Wolverhampton. Let's see what happens.

Rant over. Very Happy Most of us are reptiles... only the enlightened few become human beings.

Post #149920 Thu Dec 27 2007 6:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rogue

England 

Never had to use Colliers in Erdington, but i can recommend Guy Salmon on the A45 on the way towards Coventry.
Just had my D3 serviced there (yesterday) and they collected at 10:00am and returned it at 17:30, serviced, washed and polished - looks almost like new. Thumbs Up
Suppose i'd better pay them now....

Post #149961 Fri Dec 28 2007 1:39pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

I used Stratstones Wolverhampton for my last service. They seemed quite professional and courteous, hopefully they won't let you down.

The service centre isn't at the same location as the dealership though, so if you haven't been there before I suggest you do a bit of research before hand. It will save a bit of running around on the day. Thumbs Up Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #150171 Tue Jan 01 2008 8:21pm
Gekko

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

TB wrote:
I used Stratstones Wolverhampton for my last service. They seemed quite professional and courteous, hopefully they won't let you down.

The service centre isn't at the same location as the dealership though, so if you haven't been there before I suggest you do a bit of research before hand. It will save a bit of running around on the day. Thumbs Up

They were fantastic- collected my vehicle, explained later that the alignment was out and needed sorting... which they did under warranty as the car was low mileage!!??? Bargain! Thumbs Up Most of us are reptiles... only the enlightened few become human beings.

Post #151473 Sun Jan 13 2008 10:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JimR

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I just bought my car from Colliers and the service I received from the sales department was very good. It was the second car I bought from them (previously had a MY08 Disco 3). I can't fault the sales department although I have fallen out with the service department in the past. Good prices and quick delivery. ---------------------------
MY13 HSE Black Edition
----------------------------
Santorini Black with Black Interior
---------------------------------------
It's Very Black

Post #409298 Mon Jan 13 2014 10:43am
midsman

United Kingdom 

Hi I would totally recommend Guy Salmon on the A45 near Coventry. Bought our 62 plate RRS HSE Luxury from them , and could not fault the service that we received even though it was a used car. Even when we experienced some problems, they went out of their way to resolve the problems. They are well worth a try. Our first service is due later this year and they have the option of pick up and deliver. Would recommend them to anyone.

Post #409499 Tue Jan 14 2014 4:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1