RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Sat nav and stereo flicking on and off.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Sneaky87

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver
Sat nav and stereo flicking on and off.

I have just bought my ranger rover sport TDV6 HSE and having problem with the sat nav and stereo!

It all started when I was driving it home from the garage that sold it, everthing was working 2 hours into the journey until the sat nav just randomly cut off then came back on, over the past next few days it would do it again but more often and now it's constantly turning on and off.

I had it in a local garage to see what the problem was, randomly again when the mechanic was checking the fuse box under the bonnet the alternator went up in smoke!! Censored

After fitting the new alternator the sat nav and stereo was working properly. The mechanic did say that he doesn't think the alternator wasn't the problem to start with but it was all working fine. After not using the car for 3 weeks the same problem has started again, sat nav and radio flicking on and off Censored

Any help would be appreciated Very Happy

Last edited by Sneaky87 on Fri Jan 10 2014 7:37pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #408983 Fri Jan 10 2014 4:28pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi and welcome,

If the battery is weak the energy management system starts turning things off - like the sat nav for example.

After sitting for three weeks it may just be that your battery needs charging but ........

It has been reported by many owners that a weak battery may hasten alternator failure or conversely that a failed alternator takes out the battery when it fails - especially when it is the spectacular 'fire and smoke' type of failure.

On that basis it is most likely your battery has had it and needs to be replaced. Land Rover mythology says you should only ever replace the battery with a genuine Land Rover item because the alternator, battery and battery management system are all matched to one another to provide an integrated system. But that may be b Censored cks - no-one really seems to be able to prove it.

Land Rover batteries are Censored expensive although that is partly justified because they now are the far superior AGM type.

For a budget alternative you won't do better than ringing site sponsor Advanced Motor Factors in Southampton http://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/ 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #408997 Fri Jan 10 2014 6:12pm
Russben

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

That sounds like the problem with the TV tuner if the radio or satnav 'clicks' & goes off for a few seconds before coming back on.

Have a read of this topic:
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic32716.html

Does anyone know if Land Rover have issued a fix for this yet? I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #409055 Fri Jan 10 2014 9:37pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Try fully charging the battery. If that cures your issues for a short while, then consider replacing it. Or, approach the garage you bought it from, and see if they will replace it as a goodwill/warranty Thumbs Up

Post #409056 Fri Jan 10 2014 9:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1