RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SE - How long will I wait??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DAVIEG9

United Kingdom 
SE - How long will I wait??

Hi all.

First time poster, but been having a nose on here for a while.
I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me with a rough delivery date for the SE Model.

I am looking to lease my RRS on a business contract hire basis over 4years, my accountant has done the maths and with the fuel saving and a few tax breaks etc I will be looking at roughly the same monthly expense as my Nissan Navara!! Lovely jubbly!!!

Any idea how long I will be waiting? My Navara goes back first week of april so I was hoping to swap straight over, but I hear that probably won't be likely.

The SE is around £540 +vat per month, the HSE around £100-£120 per month more.
My plan is add some black 22"rims to it, cost me around £1500, so should I just stick with the SE or is the HSE really worth the extra cash.

The frustrating thing is I am currently working on the 'new body in white' construction project, building the new landrover factory in Solihull, so I'm surrounded by 1000's and 1000's of the Censored , but looks like I cant get one till next summer!!!

Post #406397 Mon Dec 16 2013 10:53pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, the wait is frustrating and to think I only waited 5 months for my Evoque. I ordered mine in July and it certainly won't be before April/May.

I visited the Solihull plant a couple of months ago, was boggled by the sense of value creation there and the sea of finished cars waiting to go. They were doing a new RR/RRS every 97 seconds when I was there.

IIRC, and there was a lot to take in, the new body in white plant will be building the RRS where currently the RR and RRS are built on the same line so potentially a big increase in capacity. There's also another building going up where the Jaguar SUV will be built.

I was very struck how space constrained they are, surrounded by roads and housing and there must come a point where that begins to impact on efficiency. A green-field site this is not. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #406403 Tue Dec 17 2013 6:40am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Davie,
I've just been offered a similar deal from my leasing company I'm amazed at how low they have come in,much less than my current HSE but over 4 years but on my current annual mileage it's a no brainer.
I've been told that as long as I'm not too fussy on colour or spec I should get into a HSE by April by finding something already in the system,all I want is either a white,grey or black with privacy glass and anything else will be a bonus.
Just talked to LR CSR and she was absolutely amazing,they are really getting their act together,I just wanted to confirm when MY14.5 would kick in and what was now standard,TR2 is already standard which is all I wanted to know really.
Interestingly I was just about to jump ship to Audi because of their £11K deposit contribution offer but they wouldn't loan me an A7 quattro Black Edition or even have an extended unsupervised test drive,their loss !!!
Really excited now,can't wait.
ATB
Chris MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #406797 Fri Dec 20 2013 10:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 

Quote:
IIRC, and there was a lot to take in, the new body in white plant will be building the RRS where currently the RR and RRS are built on the same line so potentially a big increase in capacity. There's also another building going up where the Jaguar SUV will be built.

I was very struck how space constrained they are, surrounded by roads and housing and there must come a point where that begins to impact on efficiency. A green-field site this is not.

If you have never seen Solihull site before - all the development they are putting in right now has doubled the original footprint massive changes over the last year or two.

The site still has space and actually, also remember, the Freelander used to also be built there (in a corner that has now been redeveloped). Obviously there are manufacturing improvements and the other factory developments etc etc and still opportunities to increase production room if required.

Solihull is the home of land rover and should rightly be there for ever and a day. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #406829 Fri Dec 20 2013 5:46pm
DAVIEG9

United Kingdom 

I've got no chance of an SE by April, so I may go for the HSE, £640+vat a month, my dealer should be able to get me into it for start of April, if anyone knows of a dealer I can get a guaranteed late march early April delivery I'd be pleased for the info.
As for the new body in white factory at Solihull, it is mind boggling huge, it's 87,000m2, it takes 10 minutes to walk from one side to the other. When we had induction we were told if the fire alarm is set off and the track is stopped it will cost £1m per minute!!!!!! They are just welding the robot arms onto the track this week. Every man and his dog in birmingham now seem to work at JLR!!!

Post #406858 Fri Dec 20 2013 10:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1