RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Timed climate on the AB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
Timed climate on the AB

Having had timed climate on my D4 HSE, I was pretty convinced the new RRS AB came with this as standard (non remote) but its not on the extra features menu, and I think it was there before... Is it standard anyone know?? I've had a tracker fitted and wonder in case this has knocked it out!

Post #403396 Sat Nov 23 2013 8:47pm
peanutbob

Also on the climate menu, does anyone have or have not 'rest heat' ? According to the manual this is only available on vehicles fitted with an auxiliary heater. So, as I don't appear to have that or timed climate, is the aux heater fitted as standard (presumably so...as it is on Discos and prior RRSs etc) or is there a cold climate pack as an extra?
I would add that on page 74 of the manual re extra features it says there are more extra features that can be displayed at any one time.....use forward or backward soft keys to move to the next screen. Can't see how to do this either!!

Post #403402 Sat Nov 23 2013 10:03pm
peanutbob

Following received from Jason Stuart at JLR:

"I have taken the opportunity to liaise with our Product team and our Engineers in relation to your comments regarding the auxiliary heater function. Our Product team have confirmed that the Remote Park Heater function is now a cost option across the Range Rover Sport derivative range.

Our Engineers have explained that our new diesel vehicles have an electric auxiliary heater fitted as standard that speeds up the heating of the vehicle as they would otherwise be slow to heat up due to their inherent efficiency.

We could not package this electric heater solution on Discovery 3 and 4 so fitted the Fuel Burning auxiliary heater as standard in the UK to speed heater warm up. The electric solution is inherently more fuel efficient and lighter but it cannot facilitate timed climate. This design is one of many weight and efficiency improvement measures such as the aluminium construction designed to transform efficiency, performance and dynamics from the outgoing vehicle.

The fuel burning auxiliary heater is required as part of the timed climate option on our new vehicles. This fitment policy is in line with our facing competition." Unquote

So, on the new RRS the fuel powered heater in not fitted, as there is an electric pre heater, which may explain why to obtain remote timed heat it now costs £1000 as presumably the fuel powered heater has to be installed.

Post #405570 Tue Dec 10 2013 9:44am
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

I think that the reply above is correct. I opted for the remote heater pack and can access the timer menus from the touch screen as well as switch on via the remote control.

Parked car heating was always a £1K extra on the X5s which I have had in the past. I think it is worth it on cold mornings. Very Happy Regards

Malcolm

Post #405574 Tue Dec 10 2013 10:01am
mse

United Kingdom 

Easy way to say you have shed xxkg - don't fit anything and make it an option Whistle Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #405614 Tue Dec 10 2013 5:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1