RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Air compressor seal kit - anyone done it?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

AndyKay

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Air compressor seal kit - anyone done it?

Compressor is faulty on my RRS - so looking at replacing and came across this listing:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-L322...0761264469

Looks like it comes with instructions for replacing seals etc rather than the £500 replacement compressor

Anyone gone down this route and just replaced seals? RRS HSE TDV6 Autobiography

Post #402919 Wed Nov 20 2013 5:10pm
PaulHH

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

When I had my L322 I fitted the service kit, just piston ring and o ring. Definitely made a difference and really cheap and did fix the problem but I did feel I should have bought a new compressor, especially if you're planning on keeping the sport.

If you do go down this road then make sure you fit the piston ring the right way up. I didn't think there was any difference but there is, the wrong way did not produce enough air pressure to do hardly any movement, had to strip and refit and then all was good. 2006 Supercharged

Post #402930 Wed Nov 20 2013 6:57pm
AndyKay

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thanks for that. Gives me some confidence. Just ordered it as I dont mind getting my hands dirty.
Plus £20 is a bit better than £500! RRS HSE TDV6 Autobiography

Post #402934 Wed Nov 20 2013 7:27pm
robmeister1969

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I spent a sunday during the summer trying to do this. I did eventually get the compressor off but spent an age trying to remove one of the compressor pipes. Then when I did get it off, I recall there was a bolt/ screw that needed to be removed. I had to use the vice in the garage to be able to get enough force to remove it and it sheared and so as far as i could see, the part was then unrepairable. I got the replacement AMK compressor with new relay and software fitted at RR London ( Thumbs Up ) for £495. Here the post: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic32424.html

Post #403003 Thu Nov 21 2013 10:39am
A3hyo

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I have had my compressor repaired today. Don't just think the seals will fix it though, we took my compressor off today and turns out the guy at landyair is based just round the corner fom me. I rang him to to order a kit and he said while I'm local to bring the compressor round and he would test it for me. Glad I did, turns out there was nothing wrong with the rings but there was a crack in the back plate of the compressor and air was leaking out. He made me a new back plate and replaced the crystals in the air dryer. We then re fitted it, cleared the fault codes. £70 and its running sweet as now. Great service.

One thing to note, the pipes are only connected by a push fitting but mine were a pig to get out as there was a build up of crud, mud and salt......... Use plenty of lube Confused

Post #403088 Thu Nov 21 2013 7:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1