RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Winter tyre pressures?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

CycleSi

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Winter tyre pressures?

Got a 2007 RRS TDV8 with 20" wheels and have fitted winter tyres. I've set the pressures at 33/36 as per the manual, but the car seems to have more noticeable understeer now especially at slow speed.

I fully understand that winter tyres 'move' around more due to the way they're made.

My tyre fitter reckons I should run them at the fully laden recommendation of 38/42.

Any thoughts?

Post #402704 Mon Nov 18 2013 2:51pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

What tyres have you fitted - reading reviews this can be an issue with some budget brands? Reading the handbook tyre pressures should be same for winter tyres has summer tyres - also temp not below 7 yet so could that be an issue Confused

In the summer I pumped mine up for towing and decided to let them down a bit now caravan away for winter but the tyres were actually soft - change in air temp affects pressure Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #402706 Mon Nov 18 2013 3:02pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

What winter tyres are you using? It might be worth checking with the tyre manufacturer for recommended pressures. For example, Vredestein seem to recommend much higher pressures than anyone would think to use:
http://www.vredestein.co.uk/car-tyres/sear...0v8/126913
I don't run my Wintracs that high but I do run them about 3psi per corner higher than the door card recommendation. I find they seem a bit better that way.

Don't forget that brand new tyres always take a while to bed in as the release agents wears off the surface. A brand new tyre and a wet road can make for an interesting few miles... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #402725 Mon Nov 18 2013 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1