Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Guy Salmon Land Rover, Northampton
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Guy Salmon Land Rover, Northampton

Hi all

Just thought that I would share my experience of buying through Guy Salmon Land Rover, Northampton.

Now up until a couple of months ago this was Hartwells Land Rover and was absolutely dire! I had previously walked out on a couple of occasions when attempting to buy a car from them due to their surly don't give a f**k attitude, and that's when the salesmen actually bothered to talk to you.......

When it changed to Guy Salmon I decided to visit and was prepared to be underwhelmed. What I experienced was a friendly and professional welcome from a fantastic lady, Sussie Brown, even though I was dressed in flip flops, shorts and a T shirt covered in bleach stains.

Sussie encouraged me to take a test drive and to compare the new RRS against the FFRR, and was also very interested in my experiences when the site had been run by Hartwells.

As I wanted a HSE Dynamic with a pano roof I was initially told that I would have to wait until next year, however a couple of days after my test drive Sussie called me and offered me a car which met the spec I was looking for. The only condition was that it was going to have to be displayed in the showroom for 2 weeks before it could be released to me.

The buying process was fantastic. I was offered top money for my RRS (Ł5000 more than Stratstones Milton Keynes offered even though they supplied the car) freebie mats, load space protector and Superguard treatment.

My wife and I collected the car on Thursday where we received the full VIP treatment and where we were given a bag of goodies and a LR umbrella. The car was spotless with a full tank of fuel and the whole unveiling event was photographed by Guy Salmon and copies sent to us.

All in all a really refreshing experience that was fun, professional and good value for money, so good that I am now in the process of ordering an Evouqe for Mrs Jim

Sussie is a tall glamourous blonde who will ensure that your buying experience is a fun and memorable one. Once you have dealt with her you won't ever want to buy a car from anyone else............Wink

So a big thumbs up from me for Guy Salmon Land Rover, Northampton.

Jim

Post #400883 Sat Nov 02 2013 1:48pm
lawnman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Really nice to hear you had such a good experience, any photos of Sussie? Rolling with laughter 2013 HSE Black Edition with lots of toys
2010 Fuji White RRS HSE
Rear Camera, Command Shift
Colour coded bumpers +
Side Steps & Mud Flaps
Privacy Glass
2008 RRS HSE Black

Post #400887 Sat Nov 02 2013 3:01pm
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/susie-brown/55/6b9/6 Thumbs Up Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #400888 Sat Nov 02 2013 3:05pm
lawnman

Thank you tanloverluke, will have to try Northampton next time, Laughing Rolling with laughter 2013 HSE Black Edition with lots of toys
2010 Fuji White RRS HSE
Colour coded bumpers +
Side Steps & Mud Flaps
Privacy Glass
2008 RRS HSE Black

Post #400891 Sat Nov 02 2013 4:09pm
jim4244

She looks far nicer in the flesh........so to say Embarassed Thumbs Up

Jim

Post #400898 Sat Nov 02 2013 5:11pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'd be interested to know how their service side is. I usually use Ridgeway Oxford (was until recently Hartwells Oxford). Still the same people as far as I can see but maybe new management will change things.

If GS Northampton are good on the service side I'd be tempted to use them as they're about the same distance away from me. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #400910 Sat Nov 02 2013 7:11pm
lawnman

Laughing Thumbs Up 2013 HSE Black Edition with lots of toys
2010 Fuji White RRS HSE
Colour coded bumpers +
Side Steps & Mud Flaps
Privacy Glass
2008 RRS HSE Black

Post #400911 Sat Nov 02 2013 7:11pm
jim4244

Well......... what a difference 5 years and a change of Dealer Principle makes.

After having 2 Evoque’s and 3 L494 RRS from here I doubt that I will bother using them again.

Popped in today to look at replacing Mrs Jim’s Evoque with a like for like vehicle. After an hour of discussing various options and deals we left feeling let down. So on the trip home I spec’d up a replacement car on Carwow and by the time we arrived home had received 3 quotes with one beating Guy Salmon by £3800. I gave the dealership a ring and they offered me £1350 more on Mrs Jim’s part ex.

So with the minimum of effort we have secured a deal that is ÂŁ5150 better than Guy Salmon where I believed we had a good relationship.

Disappointed.........very, very disappointed.

Post #544849 Thu Jan 04 2018 11:06pm
jim4244

Took my car in for warranty work to be carried out on the drivers door handle of my 1 year old Range Rover Sport. The nice lady (Kerry) in the Service Department asked me if I would also like the car cleaned, however as I had already had my car professionally detailed 2 days ago I declined.

As it was going to be a short job I decided to wait. After around 50 minutes Kerry came through with my keys and told me that everything was finished, and invited me outside to inspect the work carried out.

I immediately saw that just above the drivers door handle there were two 4 centimetre scratches. All around the door handle were greasy hand marks and fingerprints, which I pointed out to Kerry. In response she said “Oh! Did we do that?” I replied “Yes!”

Kerry immediately called one of the chaps round who valet the cars. He took it away and 10 minutes later it came back with the scratches polished out.

Some people may think that it was not a big deal. However I think that it clearly shows that there is a lack of supervision, quality control and customer care clearly being demonstrated. If it had been raining or my car had been dirty I probably would not have discovered the damage until later and then would have had no comeback against the dealership.

So, thank you Kerry for inspecting the car with me and arranging for the scratches caused by your vehicle technician to be polished out. However a big thumbs down for the manner in which my car was treated whilst in the workshop for a simple job.

Over the past 18 months this dealership has really gone down hill. I certainly will not be purchasing from them in the future

Post #556635 Wed May 16 2018 3:55pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 

Had the same scenario with same dealer. The whole ethos is quite bizarre ! Mine is constantly back in for issues which occur after they have had it in. So many trips in, the car car drive itself. It’s better than an autonomous car !!

Post #556709 Thu May 17 2018 12:10pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

My experience of LR dealers is that they aren't worth the effort. They break more than they fix. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #556746 Thu May 17 2018 7:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1