RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > 2006 RRS with traction system problem. Yellow light.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SiggiK

Iceland 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
2006 RRS with traction system problem. Yellow light.

Hi. My rrs has some strange problem. When i start the car cold , just sometimes the yellow traction light comes on and then the shocks are limp and do not hold the car. Also the big suspension knob just goes dead also. But the traction light sometimes goeas away when driving for awhile or it is not on when i turn on the engine. But, each time the light is on the shocks are limp. Airsystem has no leaks because the car never sits down even when driving or parking the car with the yellow light on. when the light is off then all shocks are firm like new and the suspension knob works well as it should and i can lower or lift the car all i want. I think this cant be airpump failure since hte car just works fine there, and the shocks are all okay. So any ideas what could be causing the yellow light to come on ? sometimes it comes on right away when started , but it can also come on at any time while driving. This is really annoying because the car is like a yoyo to drive without the shocks going limp. Please give me some advice on this. The ECU has been read and resetted hundred times with RR dealer approved OBDII computer but this dont change anything. to my knowledge the car has still all computers original. Big Cry

Post #400298 Tue Oct 29 2013 12:41am
ShooterNeil

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Test your battery and Alternator

Post #400421 Tue Oct 29 2013 8:39pm
SiggiK

Iceland 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

that problem was 3 years ago. then i replaced the battery AND alternator, only to find out that the problem was the multi connector ground inside of the right front wheel to the frame. a total horroplace to access but worth it. But thank you for the input.

Post #400437 Wed Oct 30 2013 12:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1