RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > No HSEs being built until April
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sammyf

England 
No HSEs being built until April

That is what my dealer is saying. My order was placed in September. Suspect if this is true there will be one hell of a backlog of HSEs come April. Whether that means they are just building Autobiographys and Dynamics who knows.

Could be a load of rubbish but my dealer (London LR chain) said that was what LR had told him this week

Anyone heard anything similar?

I reckon I will be lucky to see mine pre July 2010 997 Carrera S
2007 997 Carrera S

Post #399792 Fri Oct 25 2013 3:18pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

That is an awful long time to not be manufacturing a variant......
Interesting to hear if anyone else hears the same..... Will SE's be made then??

I guess one theory would be..... AB's have a significantly higher margin on them ..... so build them first .... get maximum amount of cash flow in.....to offset their cock up as much as possible.....Maybe even get a few people trying to upgrade to beat the wait...... cos there will sure be a massive backlog and waiting list on the HSE 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #399795 Fri Oct 25 2013 3:36pm
sammyf

England 

Yes he said there was no news whatsoever on SEs and that they were likely to be a long way off
He said it was all due to parts shortages
Reading between the lines I think you are right - they have massive delays, part shortages and a whole load of impatient customers and they have decided (if true) that they may as well sell the high margin stuff first and if they lose a few HSE orders they will probably gain a stack of upgrade orders as people pay a few more grand for a dynamic. Not that I was offered this choice.

The big worry has to be that if it is true there could be a 6-9 month backlog on HSEs when they start up again in April

2015 build cars all round 2010 997 Carrera S
2007 997 Carrera S

Post #399799 Fri Oct 25 2013 3:51pm
andman

Hi Sammy..... The parts shortages have been well documented on this forum..... so no surprises there....
Switchgear.... +2 seating etc etc......... The biggest one being the Panoramic roof......which I would guess is being spec'd by 80% of customers....

Frankly i've read so much of it on here that i'm starting to feel desensitised to the issue of delivery ....to the point where..... when my car turns up it turns up.....and i'll be happy and forget the the long wait I had.....
Enjoy my current MY12... get some value out of it coz I sure have taken a bath on it !!!! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #399803 Fri Oct 25 2013 4:27pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

I'm with you on that mate.
When it turns up it turns up. When I ordered I knew I wouldn't be seeing it till May / June time. (hopefully!)
The only thing is the longer I wait the more little extras I add................!

Post #399805 Fri Oct 25 2013 4:52pm
Baco

Belgium 

Seriously? MY15 spec gets more and more tempting then...

Post #399852 Sat Oct 26 2013 9:19am
Jeremy @ Grange Barnet LR

Shocked

This is not true at all. Obviously we are very much a London dealer and so I hope this isn't anything to do with us? Our team (as many on here know) are Land Rover through and through and would not be stating HSE's aren't being built!!!

If it is anything to do with us please could you email me your order number to Jeremy.jackson@hadleygreen.co.uk ASAP and look into it for you.

Post #399927 Sat Oct 26 2013 7:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If I could add to Jeremy's post......

The dealer network receive a monthly order allocation along with a very detailed document outlining any restrictions. At no point has there been a restriction on HSE.

January build allocation was issued yesterday and I'm pleased to report that the UK network can now order Autobiography and pano-roofs, however it will be capped at an unspecified volume.

To clarify, since even before the launch of what we call ANRRS (all new), the only restrictions have been the introduction of SE from launch, and then Autobiography and Pano-Roofs which are obviously connected.

So, the HSE explanation is incorrect, therefore you should certainly confirm why/when etc etc,

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Last edited by James @ Grange Barnet LR on Sat Oct 26 2013 8:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #399931 Sat Oct 26 2013 8:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andman

Well done guys...... nice to have the voice of authority set the record straight......
Thank you 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #399935 Sat Oct 26 2013 8:08pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Thanks for the info James! Bow down Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #399969 Sat Oct 26 2013 10:03pm
sammyf

England 

Thanks Jeremy, James. Sorry didn't mean to intimate it was you guys who told me that, it was not, thanks for replying though. I thought it sounded like a load of rubbish. Suspect it I just my dealer trying to find away of telling me the march date he promised when I ordered at the start of September is not going to happen (which I already knew). 2010 997 Carrera S
2007 997 Carrera S

Post #400111 Sun Oct 27 2013 6:29pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, thank you to Jeremy and James. There's nothing better than plain speaking so that we understand the position. Good to hear that Autobiographies are starting to move, if only at a glacial rate. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #400198 Mon Oct 28 2013 9:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1