RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Top gear video link
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
Top gear video link

Here's a link to the Top Gear video in which Hammond takes a 5.0 litre RRS off road and round a racetrack !

http://cf.cdn.vid.ly/y0f6n4/mp4.mp4

Post #399398 Tue Oct 22 2013 8:49am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Top man peanut.... been looking all over for that episode..... very hard to access it where I am......
When do you pick up your car ... must be any day now¡¡¡¡ 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #399469 Tue Oct 22 2013 6:19pm
peanutbob

Andman:

Collected the Chile Red Autobiography this afternoon with ebony seats/ivory trim, ebony headlining, and privacy windows

First impressions after just 15 miles:

1/ The ride is absolutely fine on the 22" wheels. Not particularly different from that of the D4 I just p/exed on 255/50/20 - quite a relief as I was expecting (after my last RRS) rather worse! In dynamic mode it seems fine too!
2/ Tyre noise : This is increased. On smooth roads it's only slightly audible, but on the cheap coarsely surfaced roads that occur in the UK it's quite noticeable, even in the cabin of a new RRS! On the way back from the showroom, there was a mixture of these surfaces - so several miles of near silence from the tyres...and then several miles of low level 'thrum!'. But on your excellent EU funded motorways, it'll be A1!
3/ Colour : Must admit after a silver D4 and a silver RRS , I wasn't just too sure ref Chile. It's a bit like your other half changing her hairstyle....takes a bit of time to adjust. Out of the showroom lights and sun, Chile takes on a more burnished look, not quite Claret or Burgundy...not even Beaujolais Nouveau, but heading a bit in that direction! Neighbours think its A1 though!
4/ It's quite wide....lot wider than the D4 and a bit wider than the outgoing RRS. Slightly lower than the D4 but not that much.
5/ Cabin is fab , seats on the A/B are brilliant. Pano roof is very very nice.
6/ Electric tailgate can be shut manually...I was slightly concerned ref this as I have a couple of spaniels in the back.
7/ I've only glanced over the handbook, but there are a lot of toys!
8/Eco mode (stop/start) comes on after every restart. You can kill it, but it reappears the next time ...bit of a nuisance.
9/ Lots more functions are now on the touch screen, like heated seats etc...which means more prodding, and like my D4 it's a bit slow. But early days yet.

Post #399506 Tue Oct 22 2013 8:10pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

First up Congratulations on the car......

You are spot on... the EU funded motorways and even all the mountain passes are but excellent.....and the same here in Andorra... I can´t remember the last pothole I encountered .....so I think I can for sure be very happy with the 22´s and the Meridian Smile .....

On the width side
My garage here is accessed by a car lift and to say it is tight for my current RRS is an understatement as I have to approach it at an angle with mm´s to spare........ Only on delivery will I find out if the new one is going to escape the ravages of the winter here.....
Just had a look... it´s 7cm wider......think i´ve got about 10cm to play with at the tightest point ..... so not looking good

What colour combo do you have inside...

Thanks for the informative write up 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #399510 Tue Oct 22 2013 8:26pm
peanutbob

Interior colour is ebony seats, ivory trim and ebony headlining. IMO a dark headlining with the pano roof looks classy .
It is quite a bit wider...check out the specs on the internet...on Parkers site the outgoing RRS is 2170 mm , the new one is 2220 mm.
Plenty of things to check out ref the handbook..like as well as heated seats, I think it has cooled seats, in the front. Rear cooled are extra. Mood lighting...apparently the binnacle display changes to red when dynamic selected, etc etc...
BTW Meridian 825w speakers sound good...but I've not done justice to this yet....!

Post #399519 Tue Oct 22 2013 8:54pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Wider and longer you will find Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #399540 Tue Oct 22 2013 10:12pm
peanutbob

When you look at the dark side, careful you must be ... for the dark side looks back.

Post #399550 Tue Oct 22 2013 10:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1