RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > After 2 years of being away...........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

will_wonka

United Kingdom 
After 2 years of being away...........

...thought I would pop back to the old haunt having gone to the dark side with 5.0 Big Daddy.

1st on list for the {still unannounced} RS Range Rover Sport - deposit placed over a year ago Shocked

Having driven the new Sport supercharged - I don't want to wait another {potentially} 12 months before its release Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #397082 Thu Oct 03 2013 10:07pm
BKHK

Australia 

You won't know many people on here now Will, lots of new faces but some of the cars are still the same.

Saw my first new RRS in Piccadilly a week or so ago (not here yet) during a visit to old Blighty for work, my first visit in 5 years. Not convinced about the new RRS...but maybe need another good look sometime.

Post #397151 Fri Oct 04 2013 12:42pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

BKHK.....you sound like me back when the new RRS was launched lol

After ranting and raving about how it looked like an Evoque, had no road presence, wasn't equiped as well as my current HSE and that it was too expensive I finally calmed myself down and had a test drive and a good poke about one.

Do I like the new shape - No.....but it is growing on me. Mrs Jim did point out that I initially didn't like the shape of the Disco when it first came out in the early 1990's but then went on to own 3 (200Tdi, 300Tdi & TD5) and then I didn't like the look of the RRS when it came out. I then went on to buy one of those too.

Like it or not JLR are not going to change the new RRS after investing countless millions on R&D. The shape will not change for a good few years, although we can probably expect a tweak in 4 to 5 year time.

I love driving my Current RRS and get a kick out of it whenever I do, BUT in the next couple of years the value of the old style RRS will drop like a stone. At present they are holding their price but this is only because supply is limited for the new model.

Hopefully I will collect my HSE Dyanmic at the end of October. I will miss my current RRS (which is probably the BEST car I have ever owned) but time, technology and styling move on.

Jim Thumbs Up

Post #397153 Fri Oct 04 2013 1:01pm
Beancounter_74

England 

BKHK wrote:
You won't know many people on here now Will, lots of new faces but some of the cars are still the same.

Saw my first new RRS in Piccadilly a week or so ago (not here yet) during a visit to old Blighty for work, my first visit in 5 years. Not convinced about the new RRS...but maybe need another good look sometime.

Piccadilly Shocked .....you were 500 yds from my office, would have bought you a coffee BKHK Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #397157 Fri Oct 04 2013 1:34pm
BKHK

Australia 

Jim, I am not closed to it, just not sure about the back end.

Bean, I was at the Le Meridian hotel for a couple of days. Arrived on the Monday arvo and back to Oz on the Friday Morning, very short visit this time. Next time.....

Post #397224 Sat Oct 05 2013 12:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1