Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Marshall Land Rover, Peterborough
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Marshall Land Rover, Peterborough

Hi all

Went across to Marshall LR in Peterborough yesterday to have a look at a ex demo FL2 HSE.

I found the most disinterested sales force that I have ever had the misfortune to attempt to deal with at any car dealership.

A young lad (didn't bother to introduce himself or ask me my name) showed me around. When I said that I wasn't interested due to the condition of the bodywork he just shrugged and that was that.

No way to run a business.......................

Jim

Post #382835 Sun May 12 2013 11:30am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Unfortunately, although having dealt with the Marshall's Bedford dealership for 20+ years I too found, what was in my opinion, diss-interest, from the Sales staff on this site too.

I took myself to their Cambridge site and the car I bought had hydraulic fluid on the rear ARB, the battery was loose and wrong spec. and the locking wheel nuts were mutilated and had to be replaced consequently my opinion took another dive !!!

When the car was in for work it gained a scratch, if was booked it for repair but they forgot. When I chased and asked why I was told it was only minor so they'd polish out. Left the car but when I was told it was done and could be collected I found it was in the same state as when I left it - it hadn't been touched.

When I insisted it be repainted I was told I was was being stupid of I thought it would be possible to paint the panel without the repair being visible. Eventually it was painted and the repair was invisible. I've never been called 'stupid' by a supplier before and guess what? they wont get the opportunity of receiving any of my cash in the future.

Not that they seem worried - when I asked them to find me another car they said I was too fussy and they'd rather not try and sell me another car - how about that for customer relations? Considering that the 6/7 RRs I've had from them before only ever needed to go in for servicing - fussy I'm not.

Post #382852 Sun May 12 2013 4:14pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I had the same sort of disinterest when I went to a local VW garage. Was looking at spending a reasonable amount of money but the staff weren't interested. They were having great fun messing around with a banner and didn't even say hello. The receptionist was friendly but wasn't able to help. I left and bought from somewhere else.

Presumably car sales staff at main dealers get paid a very handsome basic wage with little incentive to sell in order to increase their wages.

Hartwells at Oxford have always shown an interest in talking to me whenever I've been in there looking around (when waiting to pick up my car from the service department). They do at least appear to want to sell even if the service techs don't seem quite so keen to get the work done properly. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #382854 Sun May 12 2013 4:43pm
tonytiger

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Weird we all have different opinions....

Marshalls in Bedford have always been courteous and pleasant, so much so just bought my RRS from them, Cambridge cople of years ago when head gasket went on D2 were brilliant, but last month when looking round.... Totally ignored!!

Hey ho, guess sometimes its on the day??

Post #395810 Sun Sep 22 2013 7:54pm
defender_uk

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Marshalls of Peterborough have always been appalling n coulndn't care less. Typical experience I am afraid....n if u use the military side of them, they are even worse!!

Post #396912 Wed Oct 02 2013 5:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1