RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Standard v Dynamic suspension on new RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black
Standard v Dynamic suspension on new RRS

Had my first proper run in the new RRS, must say, I was impressed with the handling, but it was one with dynamic suspension. I took it on a twisty road, and it handled like it was on rails, BUT apparently you can't switch it off, so it remains quite firm. If I'm honest I prefer the ride in my MY10 even though it bounces about. Has anyone bought one without the Dynamic pack, is it more like the old shape in terms of ride quality?
I actually went in to see about changing to a pre registered old shape HSE black, which although had a fair chunk knocked off, but was persuaded to hang on to mine until next year and go for a new SE when they are available (put back to April due to parts shortages as already discussed)

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #396534 Sun Sep 29 2013 12:03am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I was considering the new SE too but using the black edition as a stop gap Bow down

I will be looking at SE next time with pano roof and deployable tow bar so likely to cost same as black edition has but less toys Sad

So far I have only sat in a showroom autobio and my first reaction was the seats are hard as benches Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #396555 Sun Sep 29 2013 10:20am
codfather

To be honest, I didn't notice the seats being over hard, mind you I do have a fair bit of padding on my rear! Shocked

Looking at the configurator on LR site, ther is not much difference in toys, the price difference is all in the engine (I think) as you say a few choice options and you won't know the difference - the towbar is a shocking price, I use mine a lot, but don't want a fixed one either.
10 year old daughter was well impressed with the panoramic roof and the lights in the rear that you just touch to put them on.
She has just been promoted to my new financial advisor, as when she asked how much more it was than my current one I told her '6 grand' , she then said 'well, that's not too bad......'

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Post #396565 Sun Sep 29 2013 2:25pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

So can you just not turn the dynamic setting off like in the 'old' RRS?

Post #396567 Sun Sep 29 2013 2:55pm
codfather

i asked that jim, thought it would , but no if you get the Dynamic you have to make do with firm suspension! Kind of rides like an evoque now.

Cheers Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Post #396569 Sun Sep 29 2013 4:41pm
BlackGT3

United Kingdom 

I was loaned a Dynamic for the day by my dealer. You can either use standard mode (ride same as HSE and SE) or switch to Dynamic mode. This firms the suspension up. I found the ride in standard mode to be refined and would use this for 95% of the time and hence the reason for choosing an HSE rather than a Dynamic.

The deployable tow bar is actually 980 quid and not 1,980 as specified in the on-line config.

The main differences between the SE and HSE are as follows

Engine 258BHP SE - 292BHP HSE
Wheels
Brakes
Oxford Leather
Paddle Shirt
Premium Paint
Adaptive Dynamics
Fog Lights
Heated Rear Seats
Electric/memory steering wheel adjust
Alu Tread Plates
Front Parking aid
Rear View Camera
Keyless Entry & Drive
Wider choice of interior colours
14 way electric, memory seats
More options available

The Dynamic gains 21" wheels and trick suspension. The engine is the same except for the max speed limiter is higher Current:
2014 RRS HSE - Causeway Grey, Ebony with Ivory seats, Ebony roof lining, Black Piano wood, Panoramic Roof, Heated Exterior Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, 21" Wheels, Electric Tow Bar, Full Size Spare, Load through & Black Badges. 5 yr service pack
997 GT3
Golf R DSG
Past
2010 Discovery 4 HSE
2006 Discovery 3 HSE

Post #396573 Sun Sep 29 2013 6:09pm
codfather

Thanks for clearing that up, another case of the salesman not knowing the product !!

Cheers

Post #396578 Sun Sep 29 2013 6:45pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Wow! That is quite a list.............

I really didn't think that there would be sych a difference between the SE and HSE.

Jim

Post #396601 Mon Sep 30 2013 8:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1