RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Intermittent Audio Sound Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Intermittent Audio Sound Fault

I noticed an issue whilst driving in recent weeks where the audio sound started briefly dropping-out for a second or so and then restored. This initially happened using I-pod so I did the obvious and reset the unit and changed the lead. No improvement, still did it. So tried driving with radio and exactly the same problem happened, seemingly regardless of source.

Went to local LR dealer who informed me the problem is affecting many cars and caused by changes to Freeview channels which occurred at the end of August. The temporary solution is to change to USA setting, but this means no more television in the car. This quick fix seems to work, no more sound problems. However, LR clearly need to find a permanent solution to these annoying hardware or software issues.

Has anybody else experienced this issue or got an update on a more permanent fix? MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #394997 Sat Sep 14 2013 1:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/search.php?...rch_time=0

There's a few threads on here if you do a search Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #394998 Sat Sep 14 2013 2:07pm
Brian Mason

Excellent, thanks. I'm glad to see I'm not alone!! Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #394999 Sat Sep 14 2013 3:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

SingeRRS wrote:
Just found this. Permanent fix will be available in two weeks.... apparently.

Reference SSM68017
Models Range Rover Sport / L320
Range Rover Evoque / L538
Discovery 4 / L319
Range Rover / L322
Range Rover Classic
Title Audio Loss/Crackle
Category Electrical
Last modified 05-Sep-2013 00:00:00
Symptom 207000 Entertainment Systems
Content
Issue:
Customer failure mode is an intermittent 1-2s loss of audio in any source, which then recovers but can happen multiple times.
The occurrences may vary depending on location and proximity to transmitters in the UK.
Cause:
The issue first occurred on Wednesday 28th August and corresponds with a change in the UK Broadcast for TV Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) feature.
This issue appears only to affect vehicles fitted with the Lear Hybrid TV module.
The broadcast causes the TV module to carry out a reset which results in a temporary loss in audio, irrespective of which audio function is being used e.g. (Radio, CD, etc).
Action:
As a temporary measure and with customer approval it is possible to mask this drop out by setting the TV region to USA. However, this does prevent the TV from operating but provides a quick although temporary fix until a more permanent resolution can be found.
1. No parts are to be changed in an attempt to resolve this issue.
2. Disable TV by selecting USA region from the touchscreen
3. It is essential to perform a successful shut down of thevehicle electrical system, by ensuring the ignition system is off and not used for a minimum of 5 minutes. This ensures the TV records this as a 'last good state' and that the new region is stored when the vehicle is powered on.
4. This is a temporary solution until permanent fix can be established. JLR will communicate this permanent fix as soon as possible.
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #396319 Fri Sep 27 2013 10:15am
Brian Mason

Permanent fix in two weeks? Excellent, thanks! Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #396358 Fri Sep 27 2013 2:24pm
mse

United Kingdom 

That was 3 weeks ago and they havent promised a fix yet from what i can see Thumbs Up Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #396369 Fri Sep 27 2013 3:04pm
Brian Mason

Oh, s Censored t!!! Big Cry MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #396372 Fri Sep 27 2013 3:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1