RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Photos, Videos & Media > In-car camera files
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 12 <123 ... 9 101112>

Big Dave

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Just yesterday I fitted the DR500GW-HD unit to my sport.

Assuming you're mounting behind the rear view mirror I do not know why you would route to the fuse box anyway? There are a variety of permanent and switched live's in the roof courtesy light unit, and bags of space for the cigarette lighter power supply or power magic.

I'm a really fussy sod and don't like untidy wiring or anything looking out of place but this is easy to do and very tidy. I'd be happy to assist anyone who fancies fitting them themselves. 2011 Evoque Si4 Dynamic plus lux
2007 Audi TT 3.2 V6
2005 Sport Sc

Post #394287 Sun Sep 08 2013 10:51am
jetbags

ravingmad wrote:
Who did your install, naming may help other members avoid the same situation.

The install was arranged through Blackvue, so can only assume it was one of their own engineers, or a sub contracted muppet!! 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #394293 Sun Sep 08 2013 2:07pm
jetbags

Big Dave wrote:

Assuming you're mounting behind the rear view mirror I do not know why you would route to the fuse box anyway? There are a variety of permanent and switched live's in the roof courtesy light unit, and bags of space for the cigarette lighter power supply or power magic.

I'm a really fussy sod and don't like untidy wiring or anything looking out of place but this is easy to do and very tidy. I'd be happy to assist anyone who fancies fitting them themselves.

NOW YOU TELL ME !! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Could you provide a blow by blow account of how you fitted it, what connections made and where you have hidden the power saver pro unit, have you left this visible so as to be able to change settings and / or turn off ?? 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #394294 Sun Sep 08 2013 2:08pm
Big Dave

I'll try!

1, If your concerned about the warranty void sticker on the power lead use a cigarette lighter extension lead and chop the wires on that.
2, Pop off the centre courtesy light unit (front/windscreen edge first)
3, Locate the green & white wire leading to the black connector
4, Connect the positive cable to the green/white wire using a snap connector or splice in
5, Connect the earth to one of the 3 bolts using a ring connection
6, Hide all excess cable and poke the power supply end out of roof lining next to mirror.
7, Plug in the blackvue and enjoy!

Using this method switches the unit on with the engine and off when locked. If you wish to utilise the activity monitor while parked I'd suggest using a power magic and the same method but connect the live to a permanent live in the console.

I have no access issues as it's all 100% controllable from my phone or tablet with the wifi. 2011 Evoque Si4 Dynamic plus lux
2007 Audi TT 3.2 V6
2005 Sport Sc

Post #394322 Sun Sep 08 2013 5:51pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

After reading jetbags post I realised I have not heard any messages recently so checked mine Confused

No recordings since 1st September Shocked

Censored things been lit up and caught nothing - good job I haven't had an accident Rolling Eyes

Unplugged then plugged back in appears to have reset it but I must now remember to listen for the message each time I set off Evil or Very Mad

Take note if you want to be protected Thumbs Up

Add to this hours of parked footage with nothing happening even though sensitivity nearly off Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #394393 Mon Sep 09 2013 3:43pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Big Dave wrote:

I'm a really fussy sod and don't like untidy wiring or anything looking out of place but this is easy to do and very tidy. I'd be happy to assist anyone who fancies fitting them themselves.

Hmmmm, I like the sound of this install, very tidy Thumbs Up

Do you have any pictures of how you've connected it into the ceiling lamp unit? ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #394400 Mon Sep 09 2013 4:00pm
jetbags

Blackvue - Warning

Made a very angry but controlled telephone call this morning to Blackvue, it was obvious by 11.00am that they had no intention of calling me, as they promised to do.
Some 5 hrs later and several more calls all of which gained numerous reasons why they can't get to me to fix this useless piece of Censored , it now prevails that it will be Wednesday or even Friday before I get any sort of service.

Bear in mind this whole problem is due to either a very poor installation or as is likely a Censored piece of equipment. None of which is my fault, yet I am being treated like the great unwashed, remember when "the customer" was always put first..... Well that well and truly does not happen at Blackvue.

We got ya money so go and hang yourself seems to be the attitude.

Not impressed, will never use again and more importantly, will never recommend to anyone else.

Buyers be advised of what you are getting into here.... 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #394434 Mon Sep 09 2013 8:03pm
PEACHY

England 

I've got the Blackvue DR400G HD v2 cracking piece of kit but looking to upgrade to the Wifi version but before I take the plunge I would like to know how effective the Wifi is & does your I Phone need to be connected to wifi or can you connect remotely using the 3G signal ? Bow down 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #394541 Tue Sep 10 2013 5:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I've got the WIFI version (DR500). It is useful to see live video for example when you want to set the camera angle. Also very useful for changing camera settings using the iPhone app - no need to plug the SD card into a computer for most config changes. You can transfer recorded files to the iPhone using WIFI too although transferring several files might be slow. Only one phone can be connected at a time but then why would you want multiple?

It is just WIFI so no remote connection possible using 3G etc.

Very happy with it Thumbs Up

Post #394549 Tue Sep 10 2013 5:47pm
PEACHY

England 

Thumbs Up thanks fakrim - forgive me for being thick - so I can't see the view from the car cam whilst im sitting in my office 1 mile away. The only benefit I would get from upgrading is that I don't need to remove sd card? Sad do you still have to remove the unit from the car to connect to the Wifi ?
Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #394550 Tue Sep 10 2013 5:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Correct. You won't be able to see the view from 1 mile away. Might be able to connect if the car is on your driveway and you are indoors if within range (which seems to be only a few metres). No need to remove the unit for wifi connection. It is wireless.

Post #394554 Tue Sep 10 2013 6:38pm
PEACHY

England 

Thanks for the quick replies - may stick with what I've got Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #394556 Tue Sep 10 2013 6:45pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I upgraded from 400 to 500 and gave my son the old one for his car Rolling Eyes

Wifi range is very limited but I do use the app on phone to view/save recorded footage. I would not upgrade unless you need a replacement or second unit Neutral Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #394581 Tue Sep 10 2013 9:03pm
PEACHY

England 

Thanks Muddy - I was going to do exactly what you have done & pass my old unit to my son. I have decided against purchasing the Wifi version now - may wait for the next upgrade. It seems they change more often than I Phones Laughing
Thanks again. 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #394626 Wed Sep 11 2013 9:57am
jetbags

Re: Blackvue - Warning

jetbags wrote:
Made a very angry but controlled telephone call this morning to Blackvue, it was obvious by 11.00am that they had no intention of calling me, as they promised to do.
Some 5 hrs later and several more calls all of which gained numerous reasons why they can't get to me to fix this useless piece of Censored , it now prevails that it will be Wednesday or even Friday before I get any sort of service.

Bear in mind this whole problem is due to either a very poor installation or as is likely a Censored piece of equipment. None of which is my fault, yet I am being treated like the great unwashed, remember when "the customer" was always put first..... Well that well and truly does not happen at Blackvue.

We got ya money so go and hang yourself seems to be the attitude.

Not impressed, will never use again and more importantly, will never recommend to anyone else.

Buyers be advised of what you are getting into here....

Finally received a visit from an engineer who knew what he was doing. It appears the previous installation was completely wrong. Unit now working as it should, even have the wifi working which is great.
I cannot begin to explain how utterly frustrating this whole experience has been, can definitely not recommend this company as it is a total farce, I have fingers crossed that it just keeps working, else it's straight in the bin!! 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #394721 Wed Sep 11 2013 9:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 12 <123 ... 9 101112>